ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues when reconnecting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Issues when reconnecting Reply with quote

This happens on the latest beta of 1.09 (b28). I was unsure if it was just my horrendous net so I asked #euro if anybody else has this issue; and feedback from a few players tells me I am not the only one. Basically, after reconnecting via console, I reconnected as though already playing, but unable to move or aim, and usually stuck in the ground a bit. This issue might just happen when one tried to reconnect too soon after dying. The game mode here is Cooperative.
Check out the screenshots. I'll test with 1.0808c soon.

Quote:
01:23:48 <[dp]Evolution> dunno if just bad net, anyone ever get that when they try reconnecting, where you're completely stuck
01:24:23 <SwiftShot> yeah
01:24:25 <SwiftShot> many times
01:24:57 <SwiftShot> [dp]Evolution

Quote:
01:25:29 <Devisin> <[dp]Evolution> dunno if just bad net, anyone ever get that when they try reconnecting, where you're completely stuck
01:25:31 <Devisin> happens all the time
01:26:04 <Devisin> no delay, waiting doesn't help

Quote:
01:25:58 <Xsnake> yeah its a bug
01:26:01 <Xsnake> sherlock
01:26:51 <[dp]Evolution> snake you c-unit, if you know about it then post it under bugs section?
01:27:13 <Xsnake> I thought people were aware of it already
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was not able to reproduce the problem.
maybe someone can give detailed instructions on how to trigger it?
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't reproduce after trying to, on a server which tried to match the one I had the issue on at the time - [L@P] TSL Week #2.

I think it's just down to ones connection sucking, it seems like a packet or two gets lost completely on reconnecting. At the time this happened for me, I was getting constant connection freezes; shots were going through monsters or hitting with a 1 second delay; even sometimes I received the "connection interrupted" trophy message.

Swift/Devi/Snake: If you guys could reproduce this I'd like some input. Other than this occurrence and the above quotes, it doesn't seem to happen often at all. Meh.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump this thread if the problem still exists and more info is available.
maybe this was a bug in the map? some broken spawnpoint?
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what these people mean when they say "I am stuck", but I have been recently getting similar problams, along with the random client crash issue.

Sometimes the game is completely frozen, while the server is still running perfectly smooth for the others. Upon reconnecting, I am stuck on the console screen. I can hear music and game sounds, but it's like the client refuses to warp me to a spawn point. If I hit the Escape key, closing the menu will let it shine on the screen, similarly to a HOM effect...

I cannot tell what is causing, I think it would be mostly a missed packet. These are way too few informations, but they are the only ones I have so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: