ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ability to "use" after death

View previous topic :: View next topic  
error
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Ability to "use" after death Reply with quote

you are able to press "use" after you died... (this happens not all the time, but I guess about 25 % of all tries)

so for example: if you die infront of an exit switch, you can try to respawn by pressing use... but then you really press the switch -> you exit the map

this weird behaviour was tested on 1.09 27b coop
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

old bug that was present in 10808 already. verified to happen in b28 still. here is a test wad http://82.165.69.26/demowads/use_demo.wad.
pressing use in the pool while alive opens the door (this is wanted).
to reproduce go to the pool and die. press use to respawn as usual (it is not timinig related). after up to 25 tries you will open the door on respawn.
verified that the player is in the PST_LIVE state when the door is opened.
have the feeling that the player is set to live while still having the old position in the pool for a tick or something along the lines. needs to be investigated further.

in a nutshell: on respawn the player can very rarely issue an use command at the old poition he died at.
.Lristrân
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after several painful poison deaths using the testing wad I couldn't reproduce the issue described above. Was it fixed by accident, maybe?
bless_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nopee. its deffinetely still there.
I can assure you because it happens to me quiet often.
Specially during duels, judas23_ in particular.
I have gotten killed at the BFG Elevator, I use the "use" key to respawn and while facing the front switch of the BFG elevator while im dead then pressing the "use" button to respawn, the switch gets activated and I get respawned at the same time.
It's still there!
Looper
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go, for example: Doom2 Map01. Bind on some key "Map Map01" (to restart the game quickly) and:

Quickly straferun as a spectator to the wall on your left (the closest one) and press use to respawn, it makes the 'UMF!" sound.

If it doesn't make the "UMF!" sound, just press the "Map Map01" key again, and do it again, quickly. You will soon have a feeling for it when you can get the "UMF!" sound. However, it seems like it doesn't actually press anything there, for example in Doom2 Map07 you can NOT hit the switch that is in front of your spawn, even though you hear the "UMF!" sound.

(This testing was done in local Single player game, so different mechanics may play in multiplayer, especially when the player respawns (and has an animated corpse still dying in the world).)
Flambeau
Malibeau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bless_ wrote:
nopee. its deffinetely still there.
I can assure you because it happens to me quiet often.
Specially during duels, judas23_ in particular.
I have gotten killed at the BFG Elevator, I use the "use" key to respawn and while facing the front switch of the BFG elevator while im dead then pressing the "use" button to respawn, the switch gets activated and I get respawned at the same time.
It's still there!

Confirmed that on 1.10.12 this still happens on that spot. Happened to me earlier today.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed for 1.10.14 server.

And yeah, that on the client is something different and way not that critical like on the server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: