ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revenge of the 90's [Bug Fix July 27]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Revenge of the 90's [Bug Fix July 27] Reply with quote

A few years in the making, my biggest Doom mod is finally complete!

"Revenge of the 90's"

EDIT: There were a few glitches that made Rot90.wad unbeatable in single Player, so I've released a bug fix called Rot90FIX.wad!

This is for fans of things like Hell Revealed 2, Plutonia 2, Momento Mori, or even Drown in Blood. 20 maps long with more of an oldschool focus - Gunning down demons!

There are a few new things:
No pistol, you start with a Machine Gun. Works well until you can find the Chaingun.

Machine Gun Zombies - Sort of like a Possesed Marine, they move fast and are tough.

BFG Zombies - Now these are the ones to look out for. No matter where you are in the map, you can hear the BFG charge up before it fires, so you'll have a second to take cover. These can be used to your advantage to clear out rooms full of cannon fodder!

Here are some YouTube videos to see gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd38Bspk8IM&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwpD0n_SUA&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZbkT50a_Ac&feature=plcp

FIXED Version download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6fc6yrfia8cs6nq
Zipped - http://www.mediafire.com/?952xnglpsppt61a

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by DoomKid on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Surprised Surprised

Now thát came out of nowhere! This looks very interesting. I'll see if the wad is fully compatible with Zdaemon. If so, I will dedicate FMM #043 (27th of july) to this wad. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
brett's
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

nice
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Surprised Surprised Surprised

Now thát came out of nowhere! This looks very interesting. I'll see if the wad is fully compatible with Zdaemon. If so, I will dedicate FMM #043 (27th of july) to this wad. Cool

I really appreciate it man! I can't wait.

In other news, It seems due to the copyrighted material in the wad, It cant be accepted to 'newstuff' over at Doomworld, so a patched version called "Rot90fix.wad" will be released at some stage, however the current release will remain the 'official' one.

Thanks again Cool
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.quicknbrite.org/wads/Rot90.zip

There's a direct download link for your wad. It's easier to download it from there than it is from the website you used.

Anyway, I took a quick peek for now and I think it should be Zdaemon compatible. That means we are still on for next week’s FMM! All I need from you, are proper settings we should play this with. You can calculate the DMFlags here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the new link! The DMflags are basically NS Coop Smile

DMFLAGS: 278564
DMFLAGS2: 1179728
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomKid92 wrote:
...due to the copyrighted material in the wad...

What's in there that's so bad? Surprised
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a member of the Doomworld forums informed me that it can't be uploaded to the idgames thingy because I have a city map which has Beavis and Butthead images in it as well as various other things present in the wad file. I'd prefer for this release to remain the 'official' one though despite the copyrighted material and a few level design mishaps.

lol, I spent forever getting that damn theatre part to work right, too! Shocked
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're only talking a few images here, then nobody is going to care, and that guy has no clue what he's talking about. I thought from the way you were talking that perhaps you'd included commercial mp3s or somesuch!

I found the thread on Doomworld and I'm surprised they let some random fool advise you in such a manner. Worst case? You submit it, and it is rejected. But - even without having looked into your WAD - I can prettymuch guarantee that's not going to be the case Wink
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the info. I wasn't really sure if that guy was right, but with how anal some companies are about copyirghted material, I wouldn't have been surprised Embarassed

I need to release a 'fix' version anyway however, as I've just now realized it's possible to get stuck on map19 with no way out, as well as various minor flaws. In the next few days, the new version should be complete Smile
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, Just finished fixing a few glitches that made the WAD unbeatable!

http://www.mediafire.com/?6fc6yrfia8cs6nq
Zipped - http://www.mediafire.com/?952xnglpsppt61a

This is now the 'official' version. I didn't take out the copyrighted stuff because I like it :p Enjoy!
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job man on this wad. Way fun Smile
luca
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great maps! Very Happy , I like the visuals except the ssg , it seems too blurry also the monsters with the marine skin are pretty bad idea in multiplayer since you can confuse the players with monsters.
BTW I found a unidentified thing in map 10

And a HOM in map 11

Aside from those little things great coop experience Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luca wrote:
I like the visuals except the ssg , it seems too blurry also the monsters with the marine skin are pretty bad idea in multiplayer since you can confuse the players with monsters.

Yeah, the SSG did look a little off... Not game-threatening though.

But marines-as-monsters? I nearly quit playing when I saw that dumbass shit Mad
Maybe you only tested in single-player, because that is one of the most annoying things you can do in a multiplayer environment. Either replace them with some marines that look subtly different to the players, or change the base player skin.

The monsters and palette? Are they just recolors for the sake of it? Yes. Are some of them a bit too clashy? Yes.
After seeing all the identikit brown&green crap that still gets released, do I care? No. It's all quite refreshing Smile

luca wrote:
And a HOM in map 11

Oh boy, was that a HOM! You have 3 lines which are single-sided but which have back sidedefs on them, and it makes a real mess.
Also, I'm surprised that Luca didn't mention the fact that map11 has no freaking exit in it !!

I didn't check the update you realeased, but I hope those two things have been dealt with. (Mediafire doesn't seem to work for me atm)
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Map11, you have to kill an Icon of Sin head to beat the map, I tested it in both Zdaemon and Skulltag and ran into no problems with it, so I'm surprised that it's an issue for anyone..?

I suppose looking back that using Marine helmets on enemy charachters wasn't the best idea considering the confusion with multiplayer. I didn't realize people still played with Friendly Fire on Surprised I really hope I didn't overlook that when choosing the flags. Even so, it will be avoided in future releases.

Wow, how the hell did I miss that massive HOM! Nope, it didn't get fixed, I didn't notice even after several playthroughs.. Damn!

Thanks for the feedback, it''s very helpful. lol, I really hope no one got stuck on map11 permenantly just because no one killed the Icon of Sin!

Cool
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we did get stuck on that map, and that was where we quit on Saturday night. Looking back at it again now, I can't see how we did miss it though. Must have not found the blue key, perhaps? Idk, it was quite late.

And damn, I did check the map for exit lines in Doombuilder, but I didn't even think to look for an IoS on such an early map! Embarassed

DoomKid92 wrote:
I suppose looking back that using Marine helmets on enemy charachters wasn't the best idea considering the confusion with multiplayer. I didn't realize people still played with Friendly Fire on Surprised I really hope I didn't overlook that when choosing the flags. Even so, it will be avoided in future releases.

No, nobody's playing with Friendly Fire, that's not the issue here. The problem is that you naturally relax when you see one of those guys - until he starts shooting you! It's not just counterintuitive, but hazardous too.

Easiest way to resolve it (in the short term) would be to run a forced skin on the server, so the standard player sprites are all replaced. Something like the Doom64 marine skin, perhaps.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I played trough the wad with my friend via LAN.
And i must say you did a good job! We really had a fun time playing this.
The maps felt really DOOM'ish but with some fun new flares to it.

I might host in on my Servers if that is okay with you? Laughing

Grtz
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[XXX]UberGewei wrote:
Hello!

I played trough the wad with my friend via LAN.
And i must say you did a good job! We really had a fun time playing this.
The maps felt really DOOM'ish but with some fun new flares to it.

I might host in on my Servers if that is okay with you? Laughing

Grtz

Sure thing, that's fine Smile It took ages to lay out all 21 maps and get all the new music made, so I'm glad you had fun with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: