ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux and Voice Chat make Zdaemon crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebediah
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Linux and Voice Chat make Zdaemon crash Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't really use the forum but here I'd like to share my (very painful) suffering. I chose Linux (Ubuntu 11.10, latest version) a few months ago after my computer crashed and I am happy to still be able to play Zdaemon with the Wine application (a Windows emulator which works pretty well).

However, since voice chat has been implemented, I can not join a game which enables voice chat (and I can play on games without voice chat, following?). I have no idea why voice chat does this but is there any way to fix this? I don't know if there are a few Linux users around, but I'm sure they'd appreciate to be able to play normally.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by jebediah on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to be more precise when reporting bugs: you're describing a client crash, while the topic talks about a launcher crash.

Anyway, try "voice_chat 0" in the console. It should fix your problem. And no... that's not a bug given that you're using windows programs on non-windows environments.
jebediah
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, topic title changed.

To make it clear: It is zdaemon.exe while initiating the game to join a server which crashes, not the launcher.

And, well, I am forced to use a window program on a non-window environment because there is no linux-compatible version of zdaemon.

And thank you for the trick but I can't even access the console when I join a server: zdaemon.exe instantly crashes.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And, well, I am forced to use a window program on a non-window environment because there is no linux-compatible version of zdaemon.
ZDaemon never promised you that it works under wine: that's why this cannot be considered a bug. When you move outside the mainstream, lots of things don't work properly. That's just the way life is and that was your choice: not ours.

About the crashing now... how about:

+voice_chat 0

on the extra command line params then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: