ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Duel League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ModeneseAdriano
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed in but I don't appear in any of those 3 divisions.. furthermore, how do I choose which division to join(if that's even possible)?
EDIT: disregard that, I've just been put in 3rd div. Would've preferred 2nd, but whatever
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, some people have been able to login fine and others not so - So I'm confused as to how I can help this. Perhaps if those who're struggling to login try Fluffles idea that'd be grand.

Modenese, I've placed you into Div3, if you'd rather Div2 please do let me know asap so I can make arrangements!

Oxyde, I need to approve the account before people can login. I'm not around all the time but I do approve accounts on a daily basis. It is done now so you shouldn't have an issue with it now Smile

I'm starting the schedule now. What Division suits you best Oxyde? I'm not familiar with all these new players so if people could let me know about the following I'd much appreciate it:

Buli;
Pivosik;
jupsuliini;
inahan;
Vizaari.

I need to know that these players have read the rules and understand how these games need to be played and on what servers etc. Of which we have one at the moment (XXX - Look for edl_2012.wad, Thanks Krawa!)

Hope you all get practising now, these games will get tough and I'm planning on running this biannually and the top 2 players from each respective division will go up to the next division etc. As well as the bottom 2 go down, uh oh Very Happy Exciting times ahead!
ModeneseAdriano
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mh 3rd one is fine after all, I've to get used again to this
Oxyde
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle-Eye wrote:
Oxyde, I need to approve the account before people can login. I'm not around all the time but I do approve accounts on a daily basis. It is done now so you shouldn't have an issue with it now Smile

I'm starting the schedule now. What Division suits you best Oxyde?

Thanks a lot, logging works just fine now. As for the division, the 3rd one will do it best for me.
ModeneseAdriano
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we use 108 version? at least demo recording will be avaiable (I don't get why it's disabled on 109 tho, reason given is "to avoid compatibility issues in future versions" but a slightly desynched demo is still better than nothing at all, I guess)
[BK>Bulb
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pivosik is not a spambot, I know him from brit10, he's a russian player, div3 is ok for him.

Good luck with this Nero, I have run similiar leagues in Czech years ago, I know how much can it be a pain in the ass to handle inactive players so let's be optimistic and hope there will be none in this league.

Also if you needed some help with the web maintenance, let me know :-)
Fluffles
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[BK>Bulb wrote:
I know how much can it be a pain in the ass to handle inactive players so let's be optimistic and hope there will be none in this league.

Maybe there should be a policy to enforce people to be in #edl? It will help keep games rolling. I always hate it when I can never find opponents.
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe 1.09 doesn't have recording abilities, this is madness!!

I suppose we could use 1.08 but that'd mean I can't compete Sad my internet won't let me connect to anything other than 1.09 but we NEED to have demos - the last season demos were incredible and worth keeping hold of!

Fluffles, yes I agree. It's hard with how little I can get on IRC to get people in on #EDL - So if we can all do our little part to make this league work that'd be much appreciated Smile this is a community League and I want everyone who's taking part to help out where they can/want. That'd be amazing.

If I don't get word on those names mentioned I'll have to consider taking them out of the league all together, I don't wish to forfeit any games this season (Granted I know this'll be impossible) it'd be lovely to see all games played properly!
Oxyde
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I would let you know that Jill91/Superjiji had a couple of problems letaly and, unfortunately won't be able to take part in the EDL.
Fluffles
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's happening?
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The league is starting this weekend! Just clarifying which server to use when I get back.

Nero
fx02
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ungh, I've sent few messages via edl webpage to Nero about registration, anyway Inahan is my friend from croatia, pls if it's not too late include him in.
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have emailed edladmin! I hadn't received any of those messages - I will look into changing some of the players because I have neither seen nor heard from a couple of the players so I might need to boot them clear.

Players need to start getting and keeping #EDL an auto channel!
fx02
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you should update edl news page and give some information about league and where to find what and what to do becouse people are lazy Smile.
I was surprised that edlt started becouse I was checking edl.zdaemon.org almost every day and was expecting at least email notice or news post, then I looked at ranking and was like... wtf??? points? and first question was on what forum should I check and post scores so please put links for dumb people like me Very Happy

ps. I'll upload all demos here:
http://doom.com.hr/?page=doom_hr_download&path=doom2%2Fdemos%2Fedl_2012/
Sniper
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after the final game in the premiership came to an end this afternoon with Titan and myself (albeit a slightly nervy ending for us both). I'd like to thank everyone for being around and taking part in this tournament so far, and to Nero for organising it. I think congratulations are in order for turSKA who has had a flawless tournament so far.

EDL has been, and still is a breath of fresh air for the European ZDaemon scene and will continue to be so as the play-offs roll out. On that note good luck to those who still have matches left and a pat on the back to those who didn't perform as well as they wished.

The games I have taken part in have been a pleasure and although ZDaemon may not ever be the same as it was in the 'golden era' as some like to call it; it might just be the light at the end of the tunnel that the European ZDaemon scene was in.

Let's get those play-offs kicking!

Good Games.
Manslay
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot log in.

When i try do do this it says "Name or password are incorrect. "
OK, then i try to do the "forgot password" step and it says:
"Such an e-mail doesn't exist in users database."

I think, WTF? Maybe i didn't register, trying to register again and see:

"Login - value already used by other user
E-mail - value already used by other user"

Very funny.
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be working now. Your account had to be approved and since we're in between seasons, we didn't check it very often.
Manslay
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks.
fx02
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is registration bug fixed anyway? Some were unable to participate because they were unable to sign in to edl page.
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "some" you mean who exactly? I doubt there was any bug to begin with, just Nero not being around and working his ass off, hence confirming the registrations later. Did that really stop anyone from playing? And to answer your question, yes, that problem was solved. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Duel League All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: