ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eon Deathmatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RustInPeace
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Eon Deathmatch Reply with quote

Hi there.

Since 2005 I have been working on and off on a deathmatch wad that has gone through several incarnations. Basically I started of with a wad for the Clan KFC (now defunct) in which I made a few terrible maps that were scrapped when I joined SIN#1 (also defunct) and decided to make newer better maps. Eventually Hatred and Arrogance joined me and together we got 16 maps into the wad. However, in 2007 we (Hate and I) decided to kill off most of the maps and save a few and add better maps since we were still basically newbies at mapping. Sometime in 2007 I did release a beta to the pubic but unfortunately SIN broke up a few months later and the project stalled.

In 2008, we decided to yet again scrap more maps and replace them since we had gotten a bit better at mapping. In addition we went for a space theme to fit in with Clan AC (defunct as well). In 2009 a couple of maps were made but eventually the project stalled as I took a year+ long break from playing. Come 2010, maybe a few maps were touched up but not much progress was made. So finally, come 2011, we started work again really trying to end this project before 2040.

So after a pointless, but semi-necessary history lesson, we present you with Eon Deathmatch Beta 1 (actually version 386541 to be precise).

What is Eon??
- A 10 map (currently) wad consisting of maps suitable for 1v1, FFA, and perhaps TDM in some instances.

What game style is it designed for??
- Most maps are actually very much playable for both OS and NS settings. Some even play better with jumping, mlook and item respawn.

Where can I download it??
- Links are below. V

Why did you name it eon??
- Because it took damned forever to get it near done.

Why is it a beta??
- For playtesting Smile And to release something before I become 90 years old.

How old are these maps??
- The oldest, maybe 5-6 years. The youngest: 2 years.

Why is that??
- Was bad at mapping, lack of motivation, scrapped many maps, got better at mapping, lost motivation again, sloth, scrapped maps again, clans dying, real life, lost hope, found new life, got better, never re-did older maps, started playing again, renewed interest, sloth.

I have a question:
- Post it and I will answer.

===========================================
Where is the download link, I didn't read any of your post?
- Here you go poor ADD son of a...

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30507937/eondm1a.zip

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cef5cd4/n/eondm1a.zip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3BABPKW

http://www.2shared.com/file/nyNQ4O0n/eondm1a.html

===========================================

So in short, it was a long uphill battle but eventually we got something to share with everyone. We probably won't win 'eyecandy of the year' award but that's not what we were shooting for. We were just two guys that loved DM and wanted to take a stab at creating something that players can enjoy. So if people like at least 1 map, that's more than we ever expected. Thanks for downloading and hope you enjoy.

Last edited by RustInPeace on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm looks interesting but ... speedyshare doesnt work for euro , just reupload it ...thx
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, can you mirror at any other share service? parts of east europe are blocked from speedyshare.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for uploaders I'm personally used to 2shared.com . Pretty nice thing: no ads, no waiting to download, no premium crap, etc. Give it a try.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see if eastern europe can use 2shared as well, SR69?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
Did you see if eastern europe can use 2shared as well, SR69?

Well it works fine for Russia and Germany, don't know about any other countries.. Check it?
RustInPeace
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know about SpeedyShare being block. I add some more links to my post above for anyone else who can't download it off of speedyshare.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, rust!
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like maps 1-10 .... Cool
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WADhost is your friend. Mainly because GetWAD automatically searches it when it looks for WADs that you don't have.
monobot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on deathmatch maps, therefore, I need to play it many times before having an opinion about the gameplay, however I have a few observations.

map02: Was really hard to figure out how to get the BFG, I mean, I had to use the editor to find the switch.

map 03: IMO the place where the blue armor is located, seems to be better for the BFG or something else.

map 06: You can take the BFG from the outside if you get very closer to the impassable line.
So, I suggest you move the BFG a bit.

map 09: Same problem as in Map 02, with the BFG and the soulsphere.

For now, I see nothing that can go wrong, so that's all I've got.

PS: The history lesson shows me that I am not the only one who is making, remaking and discarding maps for years hoping to eventually finish something.Which is good Laughing
RustInPeace
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cybershark. I did indeed upload it to wadhost. So if anyone sees a server running eondm, getwad will download it for you.

I agree map02 and 09 have quite subtle switches, next release will probably fix that.

As for map03, I'm not sure. It could work better with the bfg, but really, I think BA is more value than the soulsphere or bfg on that map. Especially after you play a few rounds on it.

Map06...I think hatred intended for the d5m1 style bfg grab.

But nonetheless, I appreciate your feedback and hope others chime in. Smile

As for anyone wondering, I've been running a server and getting some games in on Ultra-Violence with the follow flags: dmflags - 283716, dmflags2 - 1074688. Maps played pretty well. Of course they also play well with pure os settings as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: