ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cacodemons: where exactly are you guys at on the y axis?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Cacodemons: where exactly are you guys at on the y axis? Reply with quote

Just playing Speed of Doom map14 in 109b23 online. I distanced myself from a cyberdemon and noticed the caco near it had the pinkeye for me. As you can see in the picture: the cacoball coming at me is produced from above where the caco seems to be. I think this is because the cacodemon is touching a new sector which has a higher floor height. [click pics for full-size]

The death of the caco was twice as strange. The dying corpse stuttered instantly between bizarre heights (both higher and lower) before hitting on the floor, instead of smoothly descending from mid-air. I'll try running fraps a few times later on tonight to see if I can replicate it...

The caco was camping at the sectors with different floor/ceiling heights, just infront of me here:

Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have seen caco's appear to be at a different height from where they really were. It only happens sometimes, and I don't know how to reliably reproduce it.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone can make a demo map and find a way to consistently reproduce it we could look into it. moved to rejected for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: