ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spectator view discrepancies.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Spectator view discrepancies. Reply with quote

When you spectate another player, either in-game or when viewing a demo, the movebob setting of the client is ignored. As such, said spectated players will appear to glide around as we are so familiar with.

Tested with 1.08.08c. In 1.09b23, spectating bots and other players produces the same results. I assume the same is true for demos.

Similarly, the effects of the invulnerability sphere and light amplification visors are not seen. The blur sphere and radiation suit works fine, however (in 1.09 at least).

It might be a good idea to check any other similar settings (such as stillbob) and other items that induce visual effects (Heretic's shadowsphere, ring of invulnerability, torch, etc).
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, showing the ingame effects that a player sees is one thing. Replicating their exact display is quite another. Isn't asking for movebob to be represented like saying that aspects such as the size of statusbar - or type of crosshair used - should also be relayed?
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You misunderstand... although that's probably my fault. I didn't quite clarify, and you've pointed out something I didn't realize would cause such confusion. I actually reported two different bugs here, but they are not 100% related, as one is a publicly visible effect (powerups, etc), and the other is a client-side display setting.

Obviously I did not mean to say that client-only settings should be sent over for each player I am spectating. That sort of information is somewhat personal and should not matter to other players.

So in regards to client-specific settings (such as movebob/stillbob/statusbar/etc), these should be reflected in spectator view as your own settings, which as far as I know, is how things currently work. In the case of movebob, however, it does not reflect your own settings. I use movebob, but when spectating another player, regardless of whether they use movebob or not, I do not see any bobbing.

Sorry about the confusion. I'll be careful next time when lumping several bugs into one report.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fixed in b24
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. So what about movebob? Does it reflect now when you spectate someone?
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
295. Fixed missing movebob/stillbob when spectating/viewing demos.
298. Fixed missing invulnerability and light amp effect when spectating.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: