ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public Beta 1.09 has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IleKallio
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot dayumn! I'm downloading this right now Very Happy
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive, it's finally here!
The launcher refreshes all 500 servers in 1 second.
I can now play even on American servers.
I love the radar.
ZDaemon 1.09 has got a new modern look!

But hmm, no public server, "not finalized"... of course it's not finalized, that's why it's called a beta. What are you hiding there?
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 players??? Holy shit man. That is sick dawg.

Ok best version EVER.
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE you zdaemon Very Happy
Dark_Odyssey
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is UBER ! Thanks for the hard work, devs !
N00D135
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been tinkering with both 1.08.08c and 1.09beta online and offline, and I love what I see!!

When 1.09 is fully finalised it certainly looks like it will be awesome!

Thanks to all the devs, They really have pulled off an excellent release here, even the newer fonts are a lot easier on the eyes.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has ZDaemon ever been this enthralling?

Last edited by TheCupboard on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems messing with font options will make the netstats graph scale weirdly. Font issues seem a little buggy but other than that and the desync issues I haven't found any other glitches.

EDIT: oops I forgot plasma bump is literally broken as hell.

Last edited by Xenaero on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
julz_d
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great! Polyobjects = yay!

Thanks Devs!
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenaero wrote:
oops I forgot plasma bump is literally broken as hell.

from the doom wiki:
Quote:
The blockmap is a data structure used for collision detection. That is, the blockmap is used for calculating when a moving thing hits a wall or when two things (one or both moving) collide.

check the blockmap around the plasma in these pictures:

vanilla map01

zddl "map01"

try the 'real' map01 in 1.09 and compare to vanilla/choco doom.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i've done a bit of research.
the item grab problem lies in the 'Classic wallrunning' dmflag2. turning this dmflag off (to more NS-like behaviour) will break bumps.

• jkist's promap01 (zddl map03) is indeed moved on the grid by 448,1024 northwest, so blockmap is changed. however i believe the changes stemming from that are much more minute and unpredictable.
  • the same plasma bump issue plagues ssl2 and that one hasn't been moved in zddl.
  • classic 1.09 grabs feel identical to 1.08.08, as far as i can tell. i've tested plasma bumps in map01, zddl map01, ssl2 and zddl map05 with satisfactory results and couldn't spot any difference. the ssg grab in map16 also works the same. classic OS settings seem fine to me.
  • jkist-style NS-OS settings used in zddl _minus_ classic wallrunning also seem very close to the way it works in 1.08.08. that means grabs are easier than with OS settings still.
  • grabs are not entirely impossible even without the classic wallrunning flag on 1.09, however they are very laborous and unreliable. only the lift-side grab in map01 seems to work more or less every time.

so until this issue gets addressed, i recommend what phenex told me - override maps with item grabs with dmflags2 134656 or whatever removes two sided wallrunning in your server settings.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on the definition of "broken". The movement is finally the "true one"; we spent months of work on it, found and fixed some bugs made by Randy ages ago. We've verified it extensively and unambiguously. The only purpose of the OS movement dmflag now is for backwards demo compatibility. It doesn't affect anything in 1.09; the 2-way wallrun dmflag has not been touched, so it's not an issue. Go play map01 in vanilla or choco and compare the plasma bump to 1.09 (if you want the comparison to be valid though, you need 2-way wallrun off of course); you will find them identical. There is nothing from our side to fix unless someone can demonstrate otherwise (with choco for example on doom2 map01: not some other map that has been arbitrarily bastardized).
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this new 1.09 version feels perfect, I love all the new additions. Worth the wait!
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son, I am approve!

It feels like.... Christmas in July!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DanDare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even read all the posts but really it's no need:

Congratulations !!!!
I find you someday in the weekend !!!
fx02
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac version please? Smile
Koreyko
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Great update! Reply with quote

Great update!
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Dew and Kilgore for the clarification on what was going on. It's pretty confusing. I did test in multiple maps but it appears that it's more or less dmflag related. Following dew's suggestion I tested locally and it seems to be the case.

To phenex: I tried both the zddl d2m1 and classic d2m1 in both Chocolate Doom and 1.09 and 1.08.08b and c. The results are somewhat different between all of the ports, but the map did not play a part. Although BLOCKMAP being broken can make certain maps freak out about different things, it did not seem to affect this instance.

Interesting, though.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected! The blockmap was not the reason for the harder bump. Still i wouldn't shift a map in the blockmap grid when i want it to play the same. Dewww was indeed right and the wallrunning flag makes the difference here. When the OS wallrunning is enabled the bump works. If its disabled its much harder.
One of the 1.09 changes was to fix the player movement to behave exactly like in vanilla. Now one could think we messed up since the NS wallrunning introduces such 'anomalies'.

Chocodoom to the rescue:
I modified the latest svn code from choco to accept a "-wallrun" flag on startup to enable the relaxed 2-way wallrunning (search for wallrun in p_mobj.c to see the change). pbump.wad was kindly provided by EQ.

• Download the choco bump test build!
  • copy your doom2.wad into the bin folder.
  • run bumpNSwallrun.bat to see the bump behaviour with 2way wallrunning enabled.
  • run bumpOSwallrun.bat to see the classic bump behaviour with regular wallruning.
  • run pbump.wad in a zdaemon 109 client with classic wallrunning disabled in the dmflags.
  • run pbump.wad in a zdaemon 109 client with classic wallrunning enabled in the dmflags.

What you should see is that choco and zdaemon 109 behave in the same way. There is some weird dependency between the bump and OS wallrunning. So the lesson is that one shouldn't expect OS behaviour when using NS flags i guess Wink

On another note:
Please report new 1.09 beta bugs in the bugs section.
Please report yet unreported old bugs still present in 1.09 .
Even when you think we already know or you told us on irc about them make a post anyways. We won't forget about them when they are posted to the forums Wink
cha0tix
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tm512 wrote:
Hmm? It seems like this would be something that can be changed back in some sort of configuration change.

Nope, I'll have to patch + compile to ignore the new xinput stuff they have or use 1.3.14, last version before the new implementation.

I only use WINE for ZD so its no real biggie to (painlessly) install the .dll in 1.0.1.

Quote:
As for the mouse in latest WINE + zd 1.09, it feels a lot better than what I had back in September. It still seems to be impossible to find the perfect sensitivity (i.e. in Linux Zdaemon/Skulltag I use 2.0, Odamex 70, Chocolate Doom 50). ZDaemon's mouse under wine is either too fast or too slow.

Actually for me, mouse seemed a little faster in 1.09 but it was an error on my end. After some cleanup, so far its the same between 1.08 and 1.09 with my mouse sens at 0.8.

Game on. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: