ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New School Forum Moderator Old School Idealism (Please Read)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: New School Forum Moderator Old School Idealism (Please Read) Reply with quote

Beast has arrived on the clan section!! Why Beast? Well I like competition, and I like the factors that drive competition. When I first came to Zdaemon one of my favorite places to visit was the clan section of the forums. I used to be able to at a glance see who was beefing with who, which clan was �on top� and who all the new comer clans were. There was a site with links to the various clan sites. People were actively playing like everyday. Sounds minor to you? When I say people were playing everyday I mean you could open your server browser and see at least 8 or more CTF servers packed(to the brim), a few TDM servers, and your fair share of 1 on 1, FFA and COOP. Some of the real good players could be seen regularly participating in such matches. This is what inspired me to want to host servers, contribute what I could, and be active on the clan scene. Unfortunately this type of activity has declined a bit.

Why did it decline?

Well lets get on with it, right? IMHO I believe that the decline is directly related to over enforcement of the rules. Or for that matter excessively restrictive rules. Lets be real, you have been stripped of your first amendment rights on this section. There was reasoning behind this though. There were some bad apples that tended to take things a bit to far and do excessively retarded things. After a plethora of this excessive foolishness, the powers that be, had enough and brought the hammer down and rightfully so. Reprehensibly this affected the not so extreme players who knew how to stay on the middle ground and not do retarded things. It eventually drove players like myself away from this section.

So what Beast, what is your plan? What is your vision?

I have a plan, I will lay it out in great detail ��..�soon�. I still have some things to go over with my �current� fellow moderator Romeo. I will put some hints out there though.

I am unaware of how many of you watch sports but I will use sports because I think it�s a great example that directly relates to what my goal is. When NFL,NBA, or MLB players play the game, they talk smack. Sometimes its friendly, sometimes its not. Sometimes players personally call each other and or each others agents to privately talk about a matter. However most smack talking is done on the field, before the game, during the game, and or after the game. This is what fuels the crazy fire we call competition which for all intensive purposes has dwindled down to a flame on a cheap liter in the eye of a hurricane. Tension between opposing teams makes the ensuing game that much more interesting. Lets face it, would you really enjoy watching sports if everybody just agreed with each other? Would you be that interested if people weren�t playing that much harder because they didn�t want to lose to a big mouthed opponent? We all like it when an NFL player creams his opponent, we love it when an NBA player dunks in his opponents face then growls afterwards like he just violated him. We love it when a pitcher is so afraid of slugger�s prows that he walks him instead of taking a chance that they will hit a home run. We like it even more when they disagree with the call that was made. Right? Right. So with that being said coming soon you will be graced with New Clan Section Forum Rules that will allow for healthy competition and ultimately and hopefully bring in more people to beef with each other and return this section to its glory without corrupting it.
romeo (dwango)
JUST DROP AND GIVE ME 50 YOU ....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seconded
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: