ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay before intermission
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This suggestion isn't terrible at all, but I can't see anyone working on it anytime soon, just not that great of a priority. Perhaps if someone was able to get it working in SP mode with the 1.06 source code it could be sent as a patch and made to work online. There's a chance then that it could make it in the next version then. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, all you'd have to do is stop all player's movement and change the camera to center on the winning player. However if it is added, please do not make it a dmflag. It really does not change the behavior of the game in anyways and we lots of dmflags now as it is. We really don't need to add in more dmflags if they're unnecessary. I think a sever option would be much more appropriate in this case to satisfy the OS people Smile.

Edit: Now that I think about it, with the Doom engine it is possible to get a tie game with a duel under very rare circumstances. What does Skulltag do when this happens? Does the camera simply center on a random person?
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there will be no freezing or camera switching.
if it will be done then the way EQ specified.
also no dmflag or server option ... if at all then a client option.
tm512
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do this with the 1.06 source if I was able to work with it. Unfortunately I can't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: