ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keys spawning in DM mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Accepted / To be Implemented Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Keys spawning in DM mode Reply with quote

Currently there is a 'keys spawn in TDM modes' DMFLAG - which is barely used. I wonder if this could be expanded to cover plain old DM too? My own reason has nothing to do with gameplay, but with the inability to create new actors then the existing ones are a valuable resource for making new obstacle or decorative sprites. Allowing keys to spawn in all modes would give modders 6 unused sprites to do stuff with in Doom, and 3 more in Heretic.

For my purposes then these keys would then be DEHACKED to be either blocking or non-pickupable and so they would have no effect in gameplay (DM players would continue to spawn carrying all keys).

Alternatively perhaps if keys were to spawn in DM mode then players should no longer be automatically granted those keys by default? Perhaps some fun twists could come from this? Idk, it couldn't hurt though.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it; what happens to players in DM mode when that flag is on? should they automatically get all keys/cards (like they do now), or maybe not (since they can pick up the keys themselves). I think the second approach makes more sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Accepted / To be Implemented Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: