ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I had to delete Zdaemon to get back on the Internet!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CooBlu
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: I had to delete Zdaemon to get back on the Internet!!! Reply with quote

It was one glorious day outside, and I said to myself (don't judge me! I know you talk to yourself too!) "Maybe I'll check the weather and see what's the forecast tomorrow." Smile So I added a Weather Channel website tab on my Zdaemon, and clicked on it; It wasn't connecting. So I went on my Firefox; The same. Google Chrome? Google Chrome didn't connect either. Confused I checked the pc diagnostics and found out Zdaemon wasn't letting me connect to the internet; I uninstalled it (the wads were still intact on my computer) and I clicked on Firefox. Tadaa! Very Happy It worked fine. So, does anyone know what went wrong? Cuz I know it wasn't a bad wad; I didn't even touch them.
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to assume it's because IE is a stinking pile of shit, and that something screwed up in the IE-content pane of zlauncher.

Regardless, as I don't work on zlauncher, and indeed don't even run windows, this is not a real question for me to answer, and someone else will have to do it.
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha, that's some objective thoughts you had there sir.

How did you find out "Zdaemon wasn't letting me connect to the internet"? Because that part seems a bit weird to me. Maybe if you could explain that part someone here could come up with a theory.

Right now it seems like coincidence or ZDaemon was maybe still running in the background.
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geit-vd-plas wrote:
Right now it seems like coincidence or ZDaemon was maybe still running in the background.

Although ZD running in the background has never clearly been the cause of any computer problems for me i still think Geit is right, it just seems too convenient to blame ZD.
CooBlu
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consigliori wrote:
Geit-vd-plas wrote:

it just seems too convenient to blame ZD.

Maybe you're right, I love ZDaemon, and I respect it as it should be. Well, it might've just been an infected wad or something. I'll re-download it later, and see what happens. Wink

EDIT: okay, i re-installed it, and now i've got another problem! I have doom2.wad, and the wad for *** DBZone v7c *** (it's a server, of course!), and when I try to run it, a bunch of commands fly past me, and an error pops up saying these exact words:

ZDaemon Fatal Error!

370 errors encountered during texture generation.

I re-installed ZDaemon AGAIN, and there was no change. I tried out a plutonia sever, and it worked out fine! DBZone v7c is my favorite server! can someone please help me? I think I know a way you can help; Try out the DBZone Server, and see what happens! THANKS A QUADRILLION! Very Happy

ANOTHER EDIT: There's some other servers that say the same god damn thing! GAH!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: