ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tournament/League... What Style???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Would You Like To See?
1. New Flags (Mouselook/Jumping) and New Maps
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
2. Same Flags, 5 New Maps!
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: New Tournament/League... What Style??? Reply with quote

If there was a new tournament/league going to run... which would you prefer:

1. New Style flags with Mouselook, jumping, etc. run on maps made for these dmflags.

or

2. Same ZDDL dmflags as now, but run on 5 maps that have never been offered in ZDDL in the past (all maps from Season1, 2, 3 may not be included.)

Also if you like the idea of option 2, but want it adjusted to "5 brand new maps either developed by the community or have been released after January 1st, 2009" voice your opinion in this thread and maybe we'll make another later pole to determine types of new maps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xc7 Wink
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cduel1 <3
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually duel if there was mouselook and some new action based map ala Judas23_ style.
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: New Tournament/League... What Style??? Reply with quote

DevastatioN wrote:

voice your opinion in this thread and maybe we'll make another later pole to determine types of new maps.

Well alright i think i will! Shocked

DevastatioN wrote:
new maps developed by the community

i like where this is going.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS duelling is a whole new kettle of fish. I for one would be hopeless at it as I don't have a jump button!

A combo of both NS and OS would suit everyone though.
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it wouldn't suit anyone! Wink
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind jump so much just lock mouse look. i think it seriously damages gameplay via 1on1 to use mouselook. i think the use of doom auto aim must be mastered to be a true doomer.
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T
L
S
D
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flood might be a good wad choice for a tourney with new maps and new flags ... Twisted Evil
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the classic three for sure. I can see a scenario of map01 being taken out. How about mix it up somewhat. From what I understand, there are scripts that can allow jump, freelook, etc in some maps while it won't allow it in others. It would be cool to have a mixture of both, like TLSD and d5m1 in the same wad. I think that really balances out both sides of the communities dueling preference.

But me personally? I'm old, I like what's been going on for the past 3 years now. Razz
Solar_Flare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Exec would be nice.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: New Tournament/League... What Style??? Reply with quote

ZERO99 wrote:
i like where this is going.

Ditto. I think either of these tournament styles would be a great addition/alternative. However, I feel that NS maps need more of a foothold in the market.

Allow me to pull some rough numbers out of the air here:
There's what? Say maybe 5 core classic maps which no OS dueller would turn down? Then maybe another 5 which are lesser played but very well respected? That's just guesstimated figures, I'm not looking to debate exactly how many of each there are. But the current ZDDL compilation is about 20 maps anyways.

Then you come to NS and the issue is that outside of TLSD2004 (and perhaps Boo) there has never been any kind of real standard set. Fad maps come and go, but nothing has ever been played on anywhere near as regularly as the OS maps.

AlexMax recently wanted to put together an NS pack for Skulltag but he didn't have many map suggestions, so I gave him a whole bunch but the problem was then that he had no input on which of them to select as I guess most people weren't familiar enough - or at all - with the named maps. He or I could pull names out of the hat all day long and there just wouldn't be much hard evidence to qualify or dispute them Sad

Since then I'd been thinking of trying to get the ball rolling with a small 4 or 8 map pack. Maybe some of you might want to comment on the suitability of the maps named in that ST thread?
Goatface
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of 5 new maps more than new flags, and would actually consider playing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, the poll has been going on for quite some time. and we still only have 22 votes. Which is about 30% of what a normal ZDDL season has, so I'm going to assume there truly is just no interest in a tournament with new maps, or new flags.

If anyone can ground up some more votes from people interested in joining/playing in something like this, please do.

If we get 40-50 votes in total, I will prolly go ahead and run a league with such. But scheduling and planning this kind of thing takes time, so I need to find out ASAP in order to schedule around other tournaments/leagues.
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I really would like to see is full mouse look. People can still use autoaim if they want but it's 2009. I don't really duel since I've been using mouse look since 1997 when I first started playing Quake. I feel weird as hell playing a FPS without that.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastidious wrote:
People can still use autoaim if they want but it's 2009.

Sure it is.
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
Fastidious wrote:
People can still use autoaim if they want but it's 2009.

Sure it is.

rofl
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast: Stop living in the past, this is 2010, NOT 2009. We don't play with pure freelook in 2010, get with the times! 2010 is all about the autoaim, quit your whining!

Smile
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're playing a game that was made in 1993, not 2009 or 2010.
Each to their own anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: