ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come & See the International Doom League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikehail
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Come & See the International Doom League Reply with quote

Ralphis wrote:
Hi! I'm Ralphis, the commissioner of the International Doom League.

Signups for the IDL Winter 2010 season are quickly approaching and invites will be sent out in only a few weeks. Though there is no shortage of players in the International Doom League, the IDL hopes to expand to more teams in the future. That is why we want YOU to come and show your face around our community. Who knows, you might even decide to stick around!

Some people may still be unaware of what the IDL is, so hopefully I can help bring you up to speed quickly.

What is the International Doom League?

The International Doom League, or IDL for short, is the largest and longest enduring Doom CTF league in the world. It was founded in 2006 and is entering its eighth season of competitive play.

The IDL is made up of eight teams, in two conferences, the International Doom Conference (IDC) and the World Doom Conference (WDC) with two divisions each. The regular season lasts nine weeks with an additional three weeks of playoff contention. All teams that win their divisions enter the playoffs as well as an additional wild card team.

The IDL is currently an invite only league, not only to ensure that teams sign reliable players, but also those who strive to play at the highest of levels. Players who show a proactive, vested interest in the the league, the game, and the community are those most likely to receive free agency invitations. The IDL free agency has housed representatives from over seven countries so far.

How can I get involved?

That's simple!

The easiest way to get involved with the IDL is to play Private CTF. Private CTF are organized games of Capture the Flag played on private servers only available to members of the community. Don't worry though, you don't have to sign up for anything to play. All you have to do is visit us on IRC and jump into a game!

The IRC server information for the IDL is as follows:

Server: irc.quakenet.org
Channel: #intldoomleague

Will I make it into an IDL team?

While there is no guarantee that a new player will make it onto an IDL roster, dedication to the game and the apparent will to do well at it will take you a long way in the process of securing a roster spot. Even backups usually get an opportunity to play in IDL games (this is dependent upon the franchise captains however).

Even if you do not secure a spot in the IDL Draft, a continued interest may allow you to enter the league during the season by means of a trade. By receiving and accepting an invite, you are immediately a free agent and can be traded onto any roster up until the trade deadline.

How does the IDL benefit me?

Although some free agents may not make it onto a team, being involved in the IDL community has its benefits. Aside from playing with the best CTF players in the world daily, by means of private CTF or IDL league activity, many friendships have been born out of the IDL community.

The International Doom League has gone a long way by uniting once rival doomers and turning them into respected opponents and, more importantly, close friends. The IDL scene can be daunting at first, and most players have to work for acceptance, but the bonds within the IDL are some of the closest I've ever seen with over 10 years in the Doom Community.

So what are you waiting for? Check out our website and forums, and more importantly, come see us on IRC and get ready for the upcoming season!
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for this message.

I've been in the IDL since the very first season, and it is by far the most enjoyable competition that I've had while playing here on ZDaemon. The IDL is house to the best competition in CTF, as arguably the very best active doomers (or at least most) play in this league. It works much like a professional sport, with a draft and regular season/playoff system. If you sign up and show motivation and enjoy playing CTF, the IDL is for YOU!

All you gotta do is hang around our irc channel, talk to the people there, and most importantly, participate in *PRIVATE CTF* to get known, and advertise yourself as the player that every team WANTS to get (by means of well playing, not by talking smack Razz ). Tired of rocking the lower tier in random pickup game? Come get involved with the IDL!
TheMionicDonut
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm MionicDonut and I approve this message.
Xenaero
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IDL is awesome. If you like competition, look no further. With each season, things improve even further. Last season was spectacular in many ways and it's sure to only get better. Fresh blood also stirs things up very nicely! Remember, you don't get better unless you play with the best.

I'm also holding tryouts for my team!! This is your chance to be part of something great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: