ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDDL beta testing needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: ZDDL beta testing needed! Reply with quote

Hey guys, as you all may (or if you are a moron, may not Razz) know, the 2009 ZDaemon Duel League will be getting started in approximately two weeks. Anyways, getting to the point, we have compiled a wad of maps that may appear in this year's tournament. While the wad has been compiled successfully, we are in dire need of play testing, so that we can ensure that everything will work perfectly come the start of ZDDL. If there is a bug or error on a map, it is an imperative that we discover and fix it before ZDDL commences.

What we really need if for people to play games on each and every map of the wad and make sure that everything works exactly as it should. Unfortunately, at the time of writing this (9/15/09), only Total Trash has the ZDDL beta wad up and running on a server. Hopefully, many others will soon follow suit. If you happen to suspect that anything is wrong or simply wish to give feedback, then please don't hesitate to contact me via IRC. I can usually almost always be found in #zdplayers or in the channel #zddl on irc.quakenet.org during weekdays.

If you are a server host and wish to setup a testing server for the ZDDL, then follow these simple instructions:

1. Download the latest beta version of the ZDDL wad from here: http://www.totaltrash.org/wads/ .
(At the time of writing this, the most recent version of the wad is zddl_b5, (beta 5) but this is subject to change.)
Be sure to check out the wads section on the website frequently, as it is important to have the most up-to-date version in order to prevent confusion.

2. While we cannot force you to use the official game settings, it is highly recommended that you do. The official game settings are as follows:

Frag limit: 50
Time limit: None
Dmflags: 201796
Dmflags2: 132608
Skill: 5
Other/Optional wads:Do not use any custom wads (such as instagib.wad or nobfg.wad) other than zvox's (announcer wads).

Be sure to enable map voting, as clients depend upon it for selecting levels to play!

3. The map list should be set up exactly as this:

map00, map01, map00, map02, map00, map03, map00, map04, map00, map05, map00, map06, map00, map07, map00, map08, map00, map09, map00, map10, map00, map11, map00, map12, map00, map13, map00,
map17, map00, map23

Map00 is the map selection level. It shows the list of maps and their corresponding map number to players. It is repeated after every map because that way, when a game is finished, the server will automatically return to the map selection level.

We would like to thank all of you who plan on making our life a hell of a lot easier by helping us test our wad. Hope to see you all in ZDDL!

(One more thing to note, just because you see a map in this wad DOES NOT mean it is going to played in this year's ZDDL. Trust me, we certainly will not be playing 15 different maps this year. I can assure you of that. Razz)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, although the selection map seems a bit over-the-top. Nice touch having the previous champion credited in there though.

Influenced by ST's duel16 I'd thought about making something very like this too. I think the only change I would have made would be to give the maps more meaningful names so the voting is even more intuitive.
Ie why call the map 'MAPxx' when you could just call it 'DW5M1' or 'BOO'?

Either way hopefully something like this can become a standard fixture on servers here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: