ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

future version ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Quote:
And possibility to use old double barreled shotgun from doom2.exe in OS settings which is more powerful than this ssg...
What exactly are you saying? that our SSG differs from the one in doom2.exe? This was the whole point behind Dash's fixes that changed the SSG behavior (despite many objections back then). And now you're telling me that this is not the proper behavior? I better not comment on that....

Quote:
Buckshot mode...
I don't know/care what's that. We will not have 10 different weapon behaviors just because it's "cool" to some folks.

i didnt explain it correctly, i thought classic doom2.exe feeling (movements, weapons, different marine etc.) i know there is OS but...

cybershark: cool i will check it
Fastidious
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total damage given would be the most useful. One shot kills, and accuracy would be nice too but total damage given is more telling of a stat usually. You can do all sorts of stats like direct hits from RL, PLASMA, BFG, etc or average damage per shot per weapon. taken/hit=accuracy, etc. QW does all these stats plus tracks items taken, average speed, spawn kills, etc.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simpler set of stats would include separate hitscan and projectile %, but I don't know if it's really necessary to go through all that crap quiksilver mentioned. Perhaps the only use for keeping track of the % damage each player does (and at what times) is to datermine and record kill assists ala Team Fortress 2, but in a game as chaotic and fast as ZD, I doubt the stat would be relevant.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, you're probably right. It was only a suggestion. :D One way or the other, Stat keeping needs an overhaul, if its not already being worked on by the wise and powerful Kilgore! :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the spawn frag would be an interesting stat
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a search function to find your servers real quick..

I think it will improve people playing other wads, as it is always a pain in the ass to find a server with the correct wad. Ok ok, a bit inspired by my new Vista computer. I like how I can search stuff up with this and I found things I never thought I had them!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that achieve anything that can't already be done with the filtering system?
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure.. just imagine a box in the upper right corner. Type in the letter P and all plassed servers will show up, instant!

When you are looking for a certain server, do you actually use the filter thing?

wait bad example.. many servers have the letter P in it.. just type plas or something!
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Would that achieve anything that can't already be done with the filtering system?

Same thing applies here, Geit.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick-search box isn't a bad idea at all actually. The concept would drastically speed up server searching, depending on what was searched.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, thanks for backing that up Razz
The filter system works though, 's just that everybodies too lazy. And when I open that thing my mind says "too much", and I click it away.

It's not a priority, just a nice addition that I think shouldn't be to hard to realise.
twipley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) add pillarboxing option for widescreen monitors, because nvidia custom resolution here is still not working, as black borders never appear. i would have hoped newest drivers to fix the issue, but it seems on my platform it will never happen. however, stretched widescreen is playable, and causes no significant problem;

(2) jump key auto-mapped to "space," and autorun enabled by default;

(3) the "midi" and "sound effects" parameters may have to be increased to as to reach classic doom values. i may be mistaken, but isn't on the other hand brightness higher than it should be? out-of-the-box normal settings could benefit some newbies, even though most people seem quite at ease navigating through the options. however, i can hear some saying "if they are too incompetent to increase sound volume by themselves, they are too incompetent to play zdaemon altogether."
twipley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i wrote the above post, i was a newbie. i still am. however, i assume there are reasons behind most of the options being adjusted that way. but, i am eager to hear opinions on all of those matters. because with opinions, then there can be dialectics, meaning potential "change for the better."

p.s. since the writing of the above post i've found myself getting used to deformed widescreen aspect ratio. now, i am not sure if pillarboxing really needs to be implemented. sure, someone seeing me playing might exclaim: "what is that game? the players look so fat that makes me laugh." sure, everything is 20% wider than it should be, but to me that's not what matters, and once you get used to it your mind sort of compensates. remember that guy wearing glasses mirroring his vision upside-down? after a few days he could not even tell he was still wearing those glasses. so i guess all that really matters to us is that the classic doom gameplay feeling is there. isn't that plain right?
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Add new deafult dmflags for gamemodes in ZSL (like its done in SP alredy)

+Reset exp in SP dm mode after map changed
Dervish
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

LMS would be a nice addition or maybe Survival
Coop is fun and all but too many people disrupt it alot
Never get Team Lms or u will see wads like GvH here (killed skulltag)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reliably informed that LMS will not be appearing anytime soon. But there is definitely talk of other gamemodes.

Uh... Survival you say? We just got that one a couple of weeks ago Wink
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that LMS mode is possible to add as a script into wad

CLICK?!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure! But you can't just go around adding scripts to WADs that are already out there canya?
Kruczyslaw
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he can build maps for LMS and add script there ^^
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about, for the next version when you go on a Killing Spree, or one of the latter stages of a no-death spree. Instead of always saying "Sniper's killing spree was ended by Welkin". Couldn't it match the actual spree you we're on, like "Sniper's Domination was ended by Welkin" or "Sniper's wicked sick was ended by Welkin" ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: