ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinister Seven - Coop / Survival / SP maps!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Sinister Seven - Coop / Survival / SP maps! Reply with quote

Hello Doomers Smile

Today I present to you 7 sp/coop/survival maps, the "Sinister Seven".

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/la34pt5773x9qqp/SinSeven.zip

A few of these maps are retooled submissions to community projects and some are brand new turf. These are mostly vanilla compatible, although map07 has a few VPOs - Curse that low limit! Needless to say, this runs in ALL source ports, so no players are excluded.

This time around there is a story, which continues from the end of UAC Rebellion:
Quote:
The UAC recovered from the destruction left in the rebel's wake. He had taken out most of the sinister minds in charge with brute force and even managed to close the gate to hell they had opened. Most of the survivors thought he was crazy, but some said he was a twisted hero who saw the bigger picture. The fact is, his attempt to stop the UAC failed - He was killed shortly after his return to Earth by a group of hostiles who had survived his rampage.

They immediately began rebuilding the destroyed facilities. They rewrote history, erasing the evidence that the UAC had ever experimented on humans, painted the rebel as nothing more than a "cold hearted lunatic", gained support and funding from Earth's remaining population and used it to continue their interdimensional research.

I knew the rebel personally. I was with the group of supporters who he let go. I knew the UAC were corrupt bastards as soon as people started going missing. I heard they killed the rebel and were rebuilding, so I prepared myself. Today, it happened - The sky turned a bright red. Two massive portals opened above us. The demonic aliens swept through our base and took out or possessed almost everyone.. Those evil UAC bastards had done it again, only worse. Their plan to brainwash the masses worked, and now destruction incarnate is pouring in from the sky.

I can't explain why they want to see the world burn - but here I am, presumably the only survivor in a military base full of hellspawn. It's time to put my training to the test. I know of a spot where I can escape to sea and ride this invasion out on the water. I wonder if anyone else has survived..

Now let's see some screenshots!

I hope you all have fun with these. Difficulty levels are very thoroughly implemented, so if you're finding it too hard, just turn it down a notch! These should also be perfect for survival mode (one of my favorite gamemodes!)

All feedback is welcomed with open arms Smile

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/la34pt5773x9qqp/SinSeven.zip
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid-o, this looks good based on a surface glance. I have played the first 2 maps and will appropriately reserve my later judgment. It's looking pretty good so far, kind of like Hell Revealed in (favorable) respects. BRB
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's play the brand new wad on ZDS #410 - Sinister Seven + Coffee Break Episode 1
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there! Thanks for commenting fellas, and I really hope you enjoy Cool
Whymes
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this during the last ZDS in one life survival, so not in singleplayer. Keep that in mind.

Overall I actually really liked it. Well, some people might not like this sort of gameplay so much but I found it kind of fun to try to speedrun it and find the powerups, etc. Sufficient ammo and health was always present, in a few places almost too much but seeing as re spawning items was on, it's probably fine.

I'm not sure of the details of this WAD, but a few maps seemed pretty low on detail, even considering that the wad is vanilla compatible supposedly. For example, the Toxic Refinery map (I think it was?), it had a big circular room with white walls and slime pits. That room was pretty bare.

Again, maybe a little too "roomy" for some people, but this actually reminds me of my own project style. And since it's vanilla compatible, it's harder to make complex geometry with less rooms.

Surprised that map07 reaches the VPO limit in spots, though. I think with some minor modifications you should be able to make it work, if you're really interested in making it fully compatible. Map07 was pretty great, I think it's by far the best map in my opinion. And not just for the music/sky, but overall it seemed more well baked than the other maps.

Can't think of anything else to say really. I played all maps through twice. It might be a little dull on SP, but with even just one more person it's pretty great for the most part.

I'd rate it around a 7/10, maybe even a low 8, if you ignore a few of the minor flaws. Probably a tad optimistic, but the wad overall "works" and is by no stretch, "bad". I mean, for a classic mapset it's actually pretty great. Was fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the feedback Whymes - I appreaicte it. Next time around I'll make sure there are no plain roms like in the refinery map, I knew exactly what you were talking about soon as I read it Smile

There's may be a "true" vanilla patch soon. Thanks again!
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, this has just been accepted on idgames! I'd sure be greatful for a vote! http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/s-u/sinseven.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: