ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rlight1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Rlight1 Reply with quote

hi there Smile
its my fisrt duel map NS for zdaemon. On the map you can make a lot of trick and you have a good gameplay. i tried to do a map where you fight everywhere! the trick are really funny to do and make the gameplay really interresting (faster and harder).
I have creat new item for that map. (on a external wad)

there is a preview video:
http://www.vimeo.com/1085409

There is the map(thx Stealthcp):
http://wads.fasthostsuk.org/rlight1.zip

Suggested ZServ settings:

maxplayers 2
fraglimit 30
With jump and freelook

Good fight there

Last edited by Welkin on Fri May 30, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
K!r4
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested with Fluffles, nice warsow texturing, cool tricks... not as cool as cduel but another good ns map imo :)
I like the way to grab the blue armor and... Fluffles and I have found a quick method to grab the bfg... :)

The architecture is nice though the texturing make an empty-looking environnement but it doesn't matter, really : the effect is here.

My only big complaint is that 1on1 can be really slow as this map looks like a big 8 with obstacles.
Libor
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice vid and jumping tricks
you play War§ow, don't you? Smile
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares what the wad's like, the logo kicks ass Razz

Right, the speedyshare idea is not very good for us server admins, but thank god you didn't use DogSoft or Fathax, etc. because the wad format is once again completely wrong. I'll say it again, and not for the last time of course, the proper convention for distributing a wad is:

wadname.zip
wadname.wad
wadname.txt

All lower case, no different names. Your zip contained two wads with different names, GetWAD cannot comprehend such a bad convention, it will look for rlitems.zip for rlitems.wad. And for a 1on1 map, splitting the wads is ridiculous.

Sooo.. I merged the two wads together with XWE in seconds, rewrote the text file which was completely wrong, (you did not release the wad last month) and fixed your typos. Regardless of all this it's now properly hosted at

http://wads.fasthostsuk.org/rlight1.zip

And of course, the server resides at HorizoN, the official ZDreview host for all unreviewed wads:

HorizoN ServeR #19 | ZDReview - Rlight1

This wad has a nice feel about it, perhaps if it had textures I would think differently BUT taking into consideration all of the new, well, shades are original, a bit more work has gone into this wad than most other 1on1 maps that don't even get submitted to ZDReview, but automatically become standards. The music is from a classic Amiga game I cannot remember the name of (perhaps Domains will point me in the right direction here) and helps add to the new school feel of the map.. even if the Amiga is ancient..

It is well designed for new school play with areas to take full advantage of mouselook and jumping, and the simple Q3 item set is another plus for this wad. I cannot comment too heavily on it's gameplay as I am not really a player per se, hopefully many others will be able to take my place in that regard Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it with NerdCP, it's really a cool map. Quite a fresh look for a ZDoom map I'd say, provided you don't know Warsow of course...

Hopefully this can provide many high-quality matches, as well as cool frag highlights Wink

As I told Stealth, I'd be glad to take part in a tourney on this map.
Good job Welkin !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made a thread for this Welkin, I was almost gonna PM you to say how impressed I was with it.

There's one leaky sector but it's really awesome work for a first map. And you did a great job with the visuals Very Happy
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for comment guys
i just tried to propose something new in zdaemon

and yes its inspirate few inspirate from warsow..at first i wanted to creat a cellshading map with texture most simple as possible..the design of warsow is very spécial and i like it
i play warsow a little too..but anyway that s work very good on zdaemon. (futurist)
That s look like really simple at first. but gameplay and architecture are really difficult to do. hope a lot of people will try it, and love it !

Thx
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K!r4 wrote:
Tested with Fluffles, nice warsow texturing, cool tricks... not as cool as cduel but another good ns map imo Smile
I like the way to grab the blue armor and... Fluffles and I have found a quick method to grab the bfg... Smile

The architecture is nice though the texturing make an empty-looking environnement but it doesn't matter, really : the effect is here.

My only big complaint is that 1on1 can be really slow as this map looks like a big 8 with obstacles.

The strafe n luck to it? I can only do that like one out of 4 times Sad. Anyway ya really good map Welkin tis one of my favorites now along with cduel.
K!r4
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffles wrote:
The strafe n luck to it? I can only do that like one out of 4 times Sad. Anyway ya really good map Welkin tis one of my favorites now along with cduel.

In fact, you just have to do a str50 with exactely the same direction than the angle of the wall where you start it, I dunno if it was intentional.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we tested it on lan. We found this trick too.
(because you must test it for know if that s possible, or with doombuilder)
you can jump to the bfg and jump again for go to up floor. (sorry dunno how to say)
jump to bfg and jump again Razz

he asked already me if that was a problem, i said "no" because that was very difficult to do it. and if you miss the jump you died. so that s more sure to go in the other way.
I like this map because the gameplay and texturing (architect, colors, jumps, respawns, using weapons) are very nice.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool ! It is very nice to the eye, the textures.

It also looks like a great FFA map. I want to give this a shot sometime. Surprised

Good job.
Roscoe3000
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was actually pretty good! Worthy of mention! Not sure if I liked the textures at first, but they kinda grew on me as the match went on. I still have yet to get that armour without rjumping, though (unless *that's* the trick, lol).

I love how all the "jumping" platforms were placed. Pop goes the weasel! Haha!

All in all a pretty decent and fun map that I'll definitely come back to now and again.

Cheers Welkin!

PS I would put in my two cents on these wads more often if *someone* actually hosted them somewhere!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's recognised that this is a problem Ros. StealthCP is very good about running everything that's current. Lockwolf usually is too but as his servers are down ATM then don't hold your breath. Silvertear or Chainy might pick it up if you bug them...
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its possible to have the bleu armore whithout rokettejump too..but its more difficulte Smile

the map is host on horizon server for the moment (in review list)

thx for comment guys
Real_Russia
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: - Reply with quote

Nice wad and very nice review video. VGJ. Smile
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
the quality of the video is not so good on my computer but on mortal's computer its look good..maybe its just my computer ,i dunno
but i will post an other version of the video Smile

thx real
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gameplay is really nice, certainly NS. I'm not very big on the textures though, they just seem a bit to bland I suppose.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, Welkin was just sick of the usual Doomy browns, greys and greens. 3 cheers for the direction he went in!
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Ugh, Welkin was just sick of the usual Doomy browns, greys and greens. 3 cheers for the direction he went in!

I'm not suggesting that something different from the default doom2 textures would have been better, I'm merely remarking upon the very tasteless look these Warsaw textures have.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hear you. I guess Doom's biggest failing there is in the lighting department. I know Welkin would have loved to add cell shading here.

Still, for an experimental first map then it's looking pretty sharp Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: