ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hysteric CTF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ronald for the great feedback man, and no I don't get angry just for some criticism like some mappers in the DOOM Community.

About the amount of detail, that is something I still working on. MAP01 and 02 have been worked more because they were made without pressure and in a time elapse of about 2 months. The others maps haven't been completed yet. I'll work on detail when I'm done with the layout of all the maps I'm intended to make.

The gameplay is something I have though for the time the project have been alive. These maps are small and it won't take more than 15 seconds to get to the other side, and seriously there aren't too much obstacles nor too hard to avoid. Anyway, I'll seriously reconsider lots of the current traps, obstacles or hiding spots for a final version.

Thanks again, working really hard down here :p MAP08 and half of MAP09 done Wink
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta3):

Since I got rickrolled by Lockwolf thanks to that great server he hosted for me I have been able to completely correct and understand most of my mistakes in the already released maps. I have been working mostly in details (MAP03 and MAP04) and in gameplay (MAP05 and MAP07).

To all this there is also a new map, I want to give the thanks to my good friend ReXn0r that actually give me the simple layout of the map without nothing inside, only corridors in the same floor height. I just did my magic rearranging stuff (since it looks like he don't want to have bases with the same measures even if it's CTF :p), etc. ReX told me to use it since it was an idea he had but never completed.

Ok, here it is, the last beta. This isn't the last beta3 version tho. Only some maps to go before a final version Wink

{ Link Removed: New Version }

I'll leave hystericctf_beta2e.zip up in my site while this new version is updated by Lock in his server, when he can right. Don't wanna bother you man.

Last edited by qwaszx- on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwaszx- wrote:
I'll leave hystericctf_beta2e.zip up in my site while this new version is updated by Lock in his server, when he can right. Don't wanna bother you man.

Don't worry about it! Just changed it out for beta3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! u did a pretty good job with that map man, I guess I'm gonna work on some more layouts and pass em to you Smile good job there, and thanx for taking the time to decorate it Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zomg! Rexnor layouts?!

really nice work on that one both of you. but now you need to change the name of this WAD to SexyMexyCTF!
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta3b):

New version, No new maps. Just improved map detailing and fixed textures issues.

Last edited by qwaszx- on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what? I thought you were working on new maps? It'll never hit ZDS unless you make MOAR!

Heh, this is good to see you're still working on it anyways.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (final1):

Final two maps done. This is almost done : )

qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget this, Hysteric will continue.

Last edited by qwaszx- on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your skies, they appear to be borked. ie: misaligned. I'm willing to bet the level with all of the bridges for the 'floating' floor or mirror effect, whatever you were trying to pull off, is going to be murder online, looks good though, the level as a whole i mean. Your levels require more lighting effects and whatnot to break up the blandness of your texture usage.

Also: Crates, yuck.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh yeah, let's listen to Alfie a bit (not that he's ever used crates in maps Razz).

Maybe some playtesting for this one Qwacky?
Alfred
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a few times Sad and I'm just saying, its kind of a crappy way of getting off of spending time thinking of how to detail a map... Right.

I forgot, quack's a bit new to this, good job for newzerz! Very Happy
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred wrote:
Your skies, they appear to be borked. ie: misaligned. I'm willing to bet the level with all of the bridges for the 'floating' floor or mirror effect, whatever you were trying to pull off, is going to be murder online, looks good though, the level as a whole i mean. Your levels require more lighting effects and whatnot to break up the blandness of your texture usage.

Also: Crates, yuck.

D: I tried to repair skies, but I can't get them aligened correctly. I already checked that online, and you're right the bridge thing can be a problem, I'll test more. About the ligthning, I'll see what I can do.

Also: Crates, meh.

Cybershark wrote:
Uh yeah, let's listen to Alfie a bit (not that he's ever used crates in maps Razz).

Maybe some playtesting for this one Qwacky?

Ok, I'll work on this a little more and do more testing. I want to research more the behavior of the flags at MAP10, they seems to dissapear after a few scores.
Rexnor
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qwazy u might want to update hysteric with Sector names, so players can find teammates proper location when playing Smile

pst pst, when u have a chance, u should stop by #mx Smile
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta3e):

New Map, more details.

qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update (beta3f):

New Map added, MAP03 changes on lightning and detail.

hystericctf_beta3f
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for some feedback from Ronny. Don't take things personal, just expressing my opinion about the maps here.

MAP01

Great map, many thought has been put into this one. And it shows! Nice usage of Doom In Hexen format features here. Many ways to go but still not very complicated and not too big.

Might want to go around the map to fix things like this or this. I came across this miss-alignments throughout the entire mappack, might want to spend some more time on fixing those. Didn't take a screenshot of them all, because that would simply be too much work.

MAP02

One of my favourite maps. The base isn't too big and the field outside feels just right. You will do me a big favour by removing the obstacles in the corridors you need to use to escape with the flag. Those take out the speed of the map, a factor which is very important to me.

MAP03

My favourite map. Smile Maybe a bit on the big side but it's ok.

MAP04

And yet another one of my favourites! It's fast and I like the style very much. Maybe the field is a bit on the big side, but this map can handle it somehow. Would get rid of the Supercharche though, because it makes it too easy for flagrunners to just go and run.

MAP05

I need just one word for this one: eeewwww! Definitely the worst map in the pack in my opinion. Can't think of anything that's good about it.

MAP06

Yes! Definitely a map with potential! Not too big, fast, good lay-out. Just looks a bit plain and dull, might wanna fix that. Smile

MAP07

A flagfactory! What a great idea! I like the way the flag moves around the base! Very original! Pity the rest of the map is waaaay too big. You can notice immediatly because rooms look and feel empty, just because it's so big. Making these big rooms only make it harder to detail it.

Another pity is the fact that scoring seems to be causing trouble online with the moving flag. I'm not sure what's causing this. Have you investigated this?

MAP08

Nothing special, good lay-out, but again way too big. Do you have a fetish for these big rooms?

MAP09

Map looks ok except for the flagrooms. Not a very appealing lay-out for me, because it's teleport only. You can think of way better maps than this one. A no-no for me.

MAP10

Ah, the roulette wheel! At least, that is what it felt like. Could be fun to play once because it's fast. Maps like these usually fail though.

MAP11

Ah, there we go! This map is much better than the 3 previous ones. Map looks nice and feels nice. Some decoration here there in the caves wouldn't hurt though. And the middle "temple" like part could be a bit smaller, but I guess it would do like this as well. + points for the way you gave the flags a habitat. Smile

MAP12

Weird map. Very weird. Don't know what to say about this one. It seems to be a fast map, but I don't know how these shifting floors will work out. I'm gonna need to play this on a populated in order to form a valuable opinion. Original nonetheless!

Overall: Great item placement, I like it when there are lots them (placed properly) around. To me some maps YAY! and some are definitely NAY! But I'm sure with the amount of creativity you have shown in these maps this will turn out to be a great mappack.

Also I would like to advise to not make more than 10 maps and concentrate on the 10 maps you like best. And get rid of MAP05!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Ronald! I'm currently focused repairing bugs on most of my maps. I'll take note of every thing you just pointed out, and see what changes I can do in these maps (gameplay mostly).

I'm also disgusted of myself because of map05, but maybe it's because of the detail... no nevermind it suaks overall. It may enter in debate for a visit to the 'map furnance'. But who knows, maybe I can save it... not.

Thanks again for the feedback! I really appreciate it.
Mindwipe
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty decent maps there, lots of open space though. Map12 is nuts, awesome idea. Theres a couple technical things but the rest looks quite playable. Good stuff.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm currently working on misaligned textures, bugs and making some gameplay changes, so the technical issues may be gone almost in a %100 for next version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: