ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 1.09 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welkin
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what a great new the forum change after 5years Smile some new section..what about new website and other stuff..

first time i went on that webpage was exactly the same.. i don't remind when i started. but what i remind was i didn't know what the fuck the page is about. no picture few information nothing.. kilgore is also the webdesigner?
he yeah i remind someone said to me a new website was on work "SOON" one year after nothing yet

we don't have the same notion of "soon" lol

i heard sometuf about vocal tchat in zdaemon.; i don't understand why you guy lose time in that :s when some software are devellope only for that.

when i started to play. some poeple already talked about that 1.09 :s
its not a cure for cancer.. its logique to ask after 5years" hey whats happen here?nothing new? always the same gamemod to play?always the same old website?"

ok kilgore don't have so much time.. but say an estimation for the new release and don't say "SOON"

i don't care if you say in 3years but say your estimation
you are the one to know what is done and not , you know your freetime and know how muchtime you work on it.. so i think an estimation is possible

cry for the 1.10 lol not possible we will die before it Smile
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me how you ignorant twats should deserve an answer? Why should any have to bend over backwards to suit what you want to hear? What does it matter when it comes out? Like was said, alot of the things in 1.09 have been brought forward and many more things are being worked on consantly - Don't expect your demands to be met.
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually.. there have been a lot of updates (and significant ones at that) in the past five years :\
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are asking to devellopers teams. not you nero.
be honest plz, when the next version will be out ? Arrow
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, that will work, keep trying! Because I don't think you guys get it
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just try to have an answer before i leave zdaemon communauty
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye. Razz
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys carry on like this then don't expect to have the luxury of choice about whether or not you leave the community Laughing

Kilgore (or other project admins) do not owe you any response. And y'know, if it was me then I definitely wouldn't respond because it's obviously winding you up so much Evil or Very Mad

Welkin wrote:
first time i went on that webpage was exactly the same.. i don't remind when i started. but what i remind was i didn't know what the fuck the page is about. no picture few information nothing...

O...kay... so the fact that the first words on the homepage are 'Online Multiplayer Doom!' and next to that there is this logo:
that gave you no clue at all?

Yeah there's a new website coming. And guess what? The people who do need to see it, test it and give input are doing so.

Welkin wrote:
always the same gamemod to play?

So you completely failed to notice stuff like Survival and Vampire Mode get added?
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore said he wants to make the leap to 1.09 hardly noticable. Even though we're all on the same netcode with 1.08, 1.08.09, when released, may have netcode changes, making it incompatible with previous 1.08 releases and making it a required update. This will help resolve bugs/add features from 1.09 that could not make it into 1.08 without netcode changes. His current goal is to get 1.08.09 before the end of the year, and then 1.08.10 would be just as a great release.

That was a good enough update from me from the man himself during an IRC chat. Kilgore and co. have done a tremendous job with ZDaemon development, and if you want any info regarding future releases (other than release dates/estimations, I may say), feel free to ask them, they most likely will not hold anything back. And they don't certainly bite. Razz

Also, you should kinda stop asking for a release date, before the beasts are awaken...
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welkin wrote:
wow what a great new the forum change after 5years Smile some new section..what about new website and other stuff..

The new sections were added as a way to let the community submit suggestions in a more organized fashion.

Welkin wrote:
first time i went on that webpage was exactly the same.. i don't remind when i started. but what i remind was i didn't know what the fuck the page is about. no picture few information nothing.. kilgore is also the webdesigner?
he yeah i remind someone said to me a new website was on work "SOON" one year after nothing yet

we don't have the same notion of "soon" lol

Granted, the web page isn't a work of art. It is, however, quite sufficient for its intended purpose. It has the necessary information and resources so that anyone can download, install ZDaemon. It has informational links which can lead someone to help, if they should require any.

We're not designing a web site to compete with Facebook. If that's what you're expecting to see then you've come to the wrong place. The new website will be quite nice though.

Welkin wrote:
i heard sometuf about vocal tchat in zdaemon.; i don't understand why you guy lose time in that :s when some software are devellope only for that.

when i started to play. some poeple already talked about that 1.09 :s
its not a cure for cancer.. its logique to ask after 5years" hey whats happen here?nothing new? always the same gamemod to play?always the same old website?"

ok kilgore don't have so much time.. but say an estimation for the new release and don't say "SOON"

i don't care if you say in 3years but say your estimation
you are the one to know what is done and not , you know your freetime and know how muchtime you work on it.. so i think an estimation is possible

cry for the 1.10 lol not possible we will die before it Smile

When you start coding for ZDaemon or have contributed something usefull to the project, then you will have earned the right to complain about how long it takes for new releases and what the priorities should be. Until then, just be thankful that Kilgore and the rest of the team are willing to donate their time for the many MANY improvements that have been released over the years.

Yes, he is working on a new website. No, it is not finished. It is not the top priority for the ZDaemon project. Asside from that, the guy has a life outside of ZDaemon. He's got a "real" job and a family that come first.

So I'd suggest you quit bitching about how long things are taking and be damn thankful that you're getting anything. The best estimate you're ever going to get is "SOON".
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that last paragraph is so true....I promised to submit some stuff for you guys and right after that I had a bunch of stuff come up(IRL), with the amount of work it takes to homebrew things and have them functional you gotta take your hats off to these guys.

The latest version however has fixed the crash issues in ctf, and I got to say its like night and day compared the previous version..great work!!
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i got out of this is either a someone trying to get something by thinking they are very important to the community and using it as it "threat" to leave the community, Which has failed 100% i don't think no one care's if you are leaving so Goodbye?

How many times are people blind to see what the Dev team is doing for us? Time after Time they spend on here doing it for what nothing? and to get arrogant wanks like you coming in and demanding shit like you have a right to? By all means they could all just come on here and say fuck it, if you want to have an attitude like that then you finish it.

I think i have a leg to stand on here as i been here for just over four years but i think i seen quite a bit of changes being made and all of them have been for the best ONLY thing ( Is putting name changing to a stop :p )

How ever long its going to take i am sure they are going to try and leave it as bug free as possible i mean you always going to have bugs but i would rather have a smooth transfer than 5-10 different versions being released over a few weeks.

But i think the majority of the community don't mind how long its going to take i know its been awhile but meh, all in all its still doom just with added features!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Beast_ wrote:
yeah that last paragraph is so true....I promised to submit some stuff for you guys and right after that I had a bunch of stuff come up(IRL), with the amount of work it takes to homebrew things and have them functional you gotta take your hats off to these guys.

That's why I strongly suggest you guys do not homebrew a website! When you use the right tools you'll have a functional website up and running in no time and you can actually focus on designing it.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geit: when someone is responsible for a given thing (and he puts the work of creating/managing it), that someone decides about what suits him best. That's the way it works; we have our plans and we'll stick to them.
Geit-vd-plas
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm a simple "Declined with thanks" would have been sufficient. I'm very eager to see this new website. I'm sure a cleaner website will reduce the bounce rate.
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before complaining, all one has to consider is the incentive of the developers to do anything with the project. There's incentive to develop on free time because of the love of multiplayer doom, but there's not that much of an incentive to develop *quickly*.

I feel that both ZDaemon and its website does exactly what it claims to do, and they both do their jobs quite well. Of course, just like most things, they could both be better, but that's clearly not priority.

In particular regards to the website, as a freelance web developer these days, I have to say - the best websites are the ones that convey information and allow you do perform actions without interefering or stifling you. I think this describes the current website quite accurately.

And, on a final note, I used to think that I'd permanently remain active in this community, but then life took over, and I had to pretty much cut out all sorts of gaming (inc'l ZDaemon) out of it. The developers all have a life, and things may need to be delayed for very long times due to actual priorities. On the other hand, if you can provide a really nice salary to Kilgore, Raider, etc. that might be another story.
twipley
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excelblue wrote:
In particular regards to the website, as a freelance web developer these days, I have to say - the best websites are the ones that convey information and allow you do perform actions without interefering or stifling you. I think this describes the current website quite accurately.

I personally like zdaemon's website the way it currently is. It's simple, loads fast, has the binaries available a click a way, features comprehensive change-log. For some reason, I really like the design. It has its style. In short, I always have preferred this site over Skulltag's one. /2 cents
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geit-vd-plas wrote:
reduce the bounce rate.

Code:
set movebob 0
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, did you make a joke addy?

Anyway, I was gone for a while, and I was suprised to see 1.09 not out yet, but I'm in no hurry anyway, so I don't mind how long it takes. Plus, in SQA, I know how long updates can take. bugging the dev team will just get you coffee "accidentally" spilled on your JUST IRONED SHIRT RIGHT BEFORE YOU HAVE TO PRESENT YOUR NEW TEST CASES TO YOUR DEPARTMENT!!!

uhh... heh... bad memory. Anyway I DOO have a question

Is there a PURPOSE behind following 1.08 with 1.09 or why don't you just call it 2.0 with all the changes? Not that it matters, but I alway thought in my head, if you make enough changes, then hell, call it the next full number up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
[...]Not that it matters, but [...]

Exactly!
It does not matter what version number progression is used :p
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: