ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 1.09 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio isn't 'recorded' in a demo. It's like a natural side-effect of something happening. When a shotgun fires, the engine already knows that it must play the shotgun sound so no extra data is needed.

Personally, I think the demo sizes are small enough already when zipped. The only improvement I can think of with regards to size is auto-zipping them after recording and auto-unzipping them for playback. Same could be applied to wads.
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about voice-chat. Don't tell me Mr-Cheater is hard-coded into the game engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, by "audio" I meant voice audio, not SFX or music.
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see this thread's first post updated to see the recent stuff and what remains still to be done for 1.09 Smile
[Chaos]Devils
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.09 hum one day maybe ^^ or simply one dream Very Happy
[Chaos]Nokturne
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chaos]Devils wrote:

Yeah, dont worry mate, we will call you in 5 years Very Happy
pErf3ct _DaRk_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Chaos]Nokturne wrote:
[Chaos]Devils wrote:

Yeah, dont worry mate, we will call you in 5 years Very Happy

I smell optimism, don't I ? Razz
Tony
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: hexen boss monsters? Reply with quote

can someone give me list of hexen bosses? or is this already done?
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: hexen boss monsters? Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
can someone give me list of hexen bosses? or is this already done?

If you are asking about hexen support, then if you'd have read the 2nd post in this thread, you'd see that hexen support is planned as a possible milestone for 1.10.

For the list of bosses in hexen, ofcourse it'll be the same as always. Razz (..just what do you except for the support to be.. new boss monsters, rather than the original hexen ones?? :s )
Tony
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well zdoom already has support for the all hexen bosses
So I think making support for zdaemon would be a relatively easy task, i think

I'll start making some new classes today, unless I get sidetracked by the chronic
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using Decorate, don't bother - ZDaemon won't support it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news here ? i would like to know if someone know when 1.09 will coming out..
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When its done. A lot of changes/fixes are going to be packed already into the remaining 1.08.xx release(s), apart from the stuff that needs the 1.09 netcode. If you take a look what is on the 1.09 list, you can notice that a lot of it is covered already by the previous few 1.08.xx releases.
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"when its done" or "soon" aren't a anwser im waiting for. i would like to know how much time that will take if thats possible.

thats like 4-5years , zdaemon communauty are waiting this release 1.9. and when we are asking when thats out. thats always "soon".

I would like to know before im leaving zdaemon plz
[WH]-Wilou84
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on, this is not serious.
I don't want to spit on the developers' work here of course, but do you really think there will be so much changes, like some kind of "before and after 1.09" ?

In the end, the core ZDaemon experience will still be the same, with improvements, fancy ACS stuff and less bugs of course, but it will be the same classic Doom multiplayer we all know and love. It won't be _that_ different, just probably a bit better :>

And when 1.09 is released, will you guys cry and beg for 1.10 and so on ?
It's just a number. Some people should really stop fapping on 1.09.
Seems to me that many are only asking for a number just for the sake of it, not knowing what's behind.
Besides, as DoomerMrT said, many changes are already included in the latest release candidates. We already have more than a half of 1.09 features at hand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mortalogy_DoP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know wilou, but a lot of communauty's players are making a lot of think . like survival, domination, mods for zdaemon.
if develloper's of zdaemon don't want to hear about thats, or saying they will have better 'soon'. thats a bit pitty if thats in 5years.
because maybe most of them can help devellopement of zdaemon. (or maybe they just dont want help) who knows

somes dates can be good for everybody. be realistic and honest plz
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't say a date because they can't. They are working on Zdaemon in their free time, meaning that maybe a month or even more can pass without any changes due to no time. Thats why you can't expect them to say a date. Not to mention that currently Kilgore is the only one who works actively on Zdaemon and hits the forums often.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zdaemon Development does appreciate help. A brand new section was designed to post bugs so that the developers are aware of the things to address. It's important to realise that the Zdaemon Development team dedicates their free time to develop this port for us to enjoy, without asking anything in return. If you think progress is too slow, you're free to help out. Read this to get started.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, let's wait for 1.08.09 first yeah? Jesus Christ, have some respect - they gave us a glimpse so we know things are moving forward and they are moving fast if you ask me. I've seen some amazing changes that have somewhat gone unnoticed, I've only been around since summer 07 and I'm very happy with the ways things are going, the community have their forums to post problems/bugs and whatnot etc. This helps with developers even further, let's just continue gaming with what we have.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, get the fuck off the devs' backs. They've added two whole sections to the forums to cover bugs/requests and they update each and every topic when they've decided what to do with them. That's like 500% more developmental transparency than we had a few months back but it's still not enough for you?

Wilou is right here. For one thing then yes, as Doomer noted, a lot of the proposed 1.09 content has been brought forward into the upcoming 1.08.09 release (and that's not even counting the stuff that's been added which hadn't even been thought of when work on 1.09 started). For another then just what the hell do you people expect of 1.09? Do you think it's going to cure cancer, end world hunger and stop all wars?

90% of the community need a white stick to find anything new anyways, so it seems far more likely to me that most people just want something new and shiny to play with.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: