ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Great Bicycle Mystery 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha nice EQ.

Something important that I failed to mention in the text file was that the secret exit is on map12 and the super secret exit is on map31. Sorry if anyone was hunting on map15. Crying or Very sad
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emergency update! There were some ammo balance issues in SP there were all up in my business that I had to fix with a quick update. If you downloaded this in the past few days, I'm sorry, you'll have to do a fresh download (the file name didn't change). Crying or Very sad If you still hadn't found the link I've plastered all over the thread, the megawad is right here.

Whew, I'm done messing with this forever. It feels good to be done.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releasing two versions of the file with the same name is not a good idea. It will cause confusion when a server's version and client's version don't match. You have to assume people are not smart enough to re-download to fix the problem, because many of them aren't.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough and Cupboard is surely aware of this. But it does have a different filename from when we played it on ZDS. Like he says it's just if you picked up the newest version in the last few days - which I don't suppose a great many people did (and if they did it would have been from here or DoomWorld so they're sure to see the update).
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's generally the worst thing you can do to upload different wad versions with the same name.

This was the first time I had ever tried to update a file on the idgames archive (a place where only final wads go and updates are frowned upon Razz ). I'm almost sure I could have replaced the old version on idgames even though the new version had a new file name. I was very short on time and very reluctant to forfeit the title bm2surv.wad. Razz Hopefully not too many people downloaded this who will be playing online.

I hate to inconvenience people, so I'm offering a courtesy discount. If you download this wad once today, then you are eligible to download this wad a SECOND time, completely free of charge! What a great value deal!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a review, just my two cents about your pack. I need to learn to give other people an opportunity to write a coop review.

I've played through the maps in coop online. It really had me hooked. Playing this very much reminded me of Hell Revealed, except you can tell a lot more work has been put into this pack. Lots of eye-candy, no boring parts. You sure know how to make appealing hellish maps. Hellish is in my opinion the most difficult theme you can pick, yet you really seem to know your way with it. I can only admire that. Great monster/health/ammo balance. Also, except for that shield monster, all those new monsters were a nice addition. The shield monster seemed to be a bit bugged. Anyway, a 10/10 from me Exclamation I had a great time playing this.

However, there is one thing that really annoyed me. I'm talking about the Survival mod. Especially on maps you die rather fast. It works well, but it's very annoying when you have to wait 30 seconds all the time. But heh, I'm not really a fan of Survival in general, except when it's well organized.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Not a review, just my two cents about your pack. I need to learn to give other people an opportunity to write a coop review.

That wasn't bad for a mini-review!

And it's not like people don't have ample chance to post up feedback or reviews. Most of them are just too lazy to give a shit Smile
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
Most of them are just too lazy to give a shit Smile

Indeed. Yet it's them same people that cry when their work doesn't receive feedback. It's a fact most members of the Zdaemon community only care about their own work. It's a pity, but that's the way it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate that input Ron. The shield baron was a little funky online. From what I could tell, he functioned just like he was supposed to offline but his sprite animations didn't always reflect what he was really doing. That would be Worst's department, so my opinions are all formed from observation, not studying the code. Razz
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha this wad is amazing. Seriously, with some of the scripting, role playing abilities (first map at wendys for an example) and the involvment you feel in this wad makes out one of the best coop wads of all time. Right now, I rank this up there with my 2 favorite of all time:
Alien Vendetta and SG_Trogun Series.

I've yet to get an opportunity to play the whole wad, but I can say that through the first 3 maps, I was into every moment of the map. The detailing and texturing had me an awe, for the most part that is. There were a few spots in map02 where computer screen textures are just cut-off, which is a big no-no. That's really my only complaint.

The new imps and barons are awesome! I also like the bloody marines, it's a nice touch. Good job to all involved!
ZERO99
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only played through the first map so far and i already like it its nice to see some effort in the puzzles right from the get go. more comments to come when i play more.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I forgot to mention is that those flying barons shooting mancubi fireballs don't bleed when you hit them. Small issue, but I still found it worth mentioning.
julz_d
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have a lot of questions here:

First how do I exit MAP02? Question
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, yeah... That was the first map I ever made for Doom. Razz I'm not sure where you are exactly so I'll just start from the point where you first see that big red inverted cross...

Walk over those red bricks by the stimpacks to trigger the lost soul attack. Then you need to teleport out onto the white marble structure in the void. Then hop down carefully once onto the ledge inside of the white marble donut. Then hop down one more time, very carefully. You should land in the center and flip the switch there and take the teleport back.

Then, use the other teleport to travel out to the big red cross and flip the switch that opened up there. Return back and take either green pillar teleport. Now you should be somewhere completely new and things become more straightforward.
julz_d
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
Bleh, yeah... That was the first map I ever made for Doom. Razz I'm not sure where you are exactly so I'll just start from the point where you first see that big red inverted cross...

Walk over those red bricks by the stimpacks to trigger the lost soul attack. Then you need to teleport out onto the white marble structure in the void. Then hop down carefully once onto the ledge inside of the white marble donut. Then hop down one more time, very carefully. You should land in the center and flip the switch there and take the teleport back.

Then, use the other teleport to travel out to the big red cross and flip the switch that opened up there. Return back and take either green pillar teleport. Now you should be somewhere completely new and things become more straightforward.

I appreciate your response but I am at the exit. There are two sides to it. one with a dead body hanging on each side blocking the exit. How do I get past them?
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of those hanging dead body decorations are supposed to be replaced by new monsters in this wad. So, those two bodies that are blocking the path are supposed to be new demons instead.

I would advise you to update whatever source port you are using. Are you using the most recent version of ZDaemon (ZDoom, GZDoom, and Skulltag should be fine also)? Are you running other wads on top of this one? I would avoid stacking more wads with dehacked on to this.

Yeah, if you are seeing hanging bodies everywhere, that's a bad thing. Razz
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZDoom should work just fine as long as you're running a recent enough version.

The monsters in this wad are compatible with ZDaemon versions 1.07 and newer, so you really need a ancient version for them to not work because of a old version. (though still ofcourse, I'd recommend a update to the latest if you havent already.)

This really sounds like you are running this on ZDaemon, with another wad that contains Dehacked on top of the Bicycle mystery 2 wad.. Which really doesn't work right, possibly breaking various maps. Exclamation

Ronald wrote:
Something I forgot to mention is that those flying barons shooting mancubi fireballs don't bleed when you hit them. Small issue, but I still found it worth mentioning.

ok, thanks, I'll keep that in mind if we ever update this/use the monsters again Razz
julz_d
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCupboard wrote:
Most of those hanging dead body decorations are supposed to be replaced by new monsters in this wad. So, those two bodies that are blocking the path are supposed to be new demons instead.

I would advise you to update whatever source port you are using. Are you using the most recent version of ZDaemon (ZDoom, GZDoom, and Skulltag should be fine also)? Are you running other wads on top of this one? I would avoid stacking more wads with dehacked on to this.

Yeah, if you are seeing hanging bodies everywhere, that's a bad thing. Razz

Running the newest version of Zdaemon live on 5 player coop. Only using nohoming.wad with it.
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nohoming is not compatible with BMystery2.
Instead use bm2nohoming , and it'll work right. Wink
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Totally offtopic: but what's up dawg? M0rgz was around recently asking if you were still on Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: