ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bwdm (map01 preview)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: bwdm (map01 preview) Reply with quote

yes....

i am STILL working on this thing... yes. Laughing

Being that I am a perfectionist-newbie-mapmaker it takes me a while to submit anything that doesn't do me rightousness. With that said, it'll be a while before the DM megawad "bwdm" will be released. However, to show you what I have in store, here is map01 off bwdm.wad:

Title: Death Trap (named after trapped door mechanism)
http://www.freewebs.com/bwidger/doom2%20wads/deathtrap.wad
Gameplay: Perferably 16 player FFA but also fun with 8 players.
Specail thanks to Cybershark for adding triangular points to the pillars, circular area, and helping out with item placement.

If you want to check out how bwdm is coming, you can always go to my site at http://www.freewebs.com/bwidger/wads.htm to keep updated on the project - megawad 16 FFA style!
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough room for 16 players.

Still need lots of work on details.

U have to figure out how to use slopes - ask cybershark not to add slopes but to teach u how to add slopes.

4/10
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw doing 16 players pack is pretty risky - i rarely seen 16 players even on omgmaps.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: bwidger Reply with quote

4 out of 10? that's it? i thought it would be much higher then that, but thats cool i guess. what is wrong with the slopes? some of the textures are off but other then that i thought deatils were fine.
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a side note, a text file describing the WAD is a requirement to add now. Read the Submitting Wads for Review and Hosting topic.
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: bwidger Reply with quote

bwidger wrote:
4 out of 10? that's it? i thought it would be much higher then that, but thats cool i guess. what is wrong with the slopes? some of the textures are off but other then that i thought deatils were fine.

No there r no problems with slopes but let me explain my mark 4 of 10.

First of all - this is the test or beta or alfa or whatever and i dont think preview can pretend on serious mark.

Second: i did not like that u used almost same texture but it is my personal opinion.

Hm, about the slopes again....hmm..... i better show u, later not today maybe after a week - i almost finished map with Slopes.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh ok
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwidger: took a look and like how you've retextured the outdoor structures and lit up those candles inside. the 2nd teleport destination made no sense though Confused
the map looks a lot more consistent now that brown brick is gone. and the blood falls and extra candles on the outdoor structures look good. nice job.
but i do think the floor is perhaps a bad choice. it'd be better to have something that contrasts a little more with the textures. and the hill that has the RL on top looks a bit too harsh atm.

idk about player limit. 8 is fine for sure. dunno if i'd want to play a 16 way here - but not everyone has the same tastes in FFA.
just bear in mind that it currently only has 8 DM starts Wink

btw the music sounded vaguely familiar - is it Rammstein?

AK-01: lol, quit bugging everyone about details. yes, they're good. but not everyone likes the same amount of them. besides, details for the sake of it can just end up causing unnecessary lag. i'd class this map as 'medium detail' and it's fine imo.
and Bwidger didn't need teaching how to use slopes, there were already some in the map before i took a look at it. they all look okay to me.
this map used to have more textures but i think it looks better all in one theme like it is now. personal taste again maybe.
and why couldn't a pre-release have a good mark? that's like me saying that Metalfortress should have been marked less for being a preview of Torment Prime.

hmm... Exl raises a point... i'm guessing you don't want this reviewed on its own - just commented on in this thread? better say so if that's the case Wink
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:

AK-01: lol, quit bugging everyone about details. yes, they're good. but not everyone likes the same amount of them. besides, details for the sake of it can just end up causing unnecessary lag. i'd class this map as 'medium detail' and it's fine imo.
and Bwidger didn't need teaching how to use slopes, there were already some in the map before i took a look at it. they all look okay to me.
this map used to have more textures but i think it looks better all in one theme like it is now. personal taste again maybe.
and why couldn't a pre-release have a good mark? that's like me saying that Metalfortress should have been marked less for being a preview of Torment Prime.

hmm... Exl raises a point... i'm guessing you don't want this reviewed on its own - just commented on in this thread? better say so if that's the case Wink

Ah - forget it im just a stupid ass who wants only wonder - "OMG! how the hell did they made such thing?" (That kind of the reaction was when i saw nutty.)

About slopes
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants to review it that's fine, but there has been a rule for submission added to include a text file, either in the ZIP or next to the WAD. A tempalte of the text file is linked to in the topic I provided and is stickied here in the ZDReview forum.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, i'll get to work on that text file later on in the day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: