ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A strange sprite appeared in my DM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine Zion
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: A strange sprite appeared in my DM Reply with quote

There was a strange player who logged in a deathmatch I was in on the TSLD unlagged server, all the sudden an odd sprite showed up, and the enviornment started to change colors, and then he said "Let the foaming process begin", and my computer froze, and when I turned it off and back on, it made a weird noise, and tried to automatically connect to the internet. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine Zion
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: I forgot to mention... Reply with quote

The name of the player who logged on was like "DC russel" or something, I don't think as in the moderator guy here, Maybe just an imitation, but I think it should be checked out.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is WTF?
What do you mean by odd sprite? Can you describe it?
In the meantime I suggest you check your computer for viruses and spyware.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, your not playing Doom your playing Corridor 7 and that was a Solrac

God I hate that game![/img]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twiztid
Who wants a body massage?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix your image tags dude. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marine Zion
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: I was playing Zdaemon Reply with quote

I was playing Zdaemon. You know space marine sprites? In this case the guys who wear varrying color body suits and black shades? It was one of those, I shot at him, Hit him several times I think enough to kill him, but he seemed to be moving backward somehow while in say mode, and then he said let the foaming process begin, then about a second or so later my computer froze, and has been acting kind of weird. Someone please help me out.
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say mode? How could you see that? It was probably a bot.
Marine Zion
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: When people go in say mode they stop moving. Reply with quote

One thing I noticed, was, he was gliding backwards, and his sprite was not moving, the sprites don't move when in say mode. It seems like when you see someone right before a message of theirs comes out, they stop doing that light Jog the space marine sprite does, another thing was he was not firing. It's quite ironic that he seemed to be in say mode, yet he could move, yet he could not fire, or at least didn't.
Exl

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still sounds like a bot, or just the server buggering up a bit. I know what you ate last supper.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: A strange sprite appeared in my DM Reply with quote

Marine Zion wrote:
There was a strange player who logged in a deathmatch I was in on the TSLD unlagged server, all the sudden an odd sprite showed up, and the enviornment started to change colors, and then he said "Let the foaming process begin", and my computer froze, and when I turned it off and back on, it made a weird noise, and tried to automatically connect to the internet. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?

thats one of the creepiest zdaemon stories ive heard Shocked
Exl

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you given your PC a thorough scan for viruses yet? Or dialers, spyware adware malware wareware...
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: A strange sprite appeared in my DM Reply with quote

ufon wrote:
Marine Zion wrote:

thats one of the creepiest zdaemon stories ive heard Shocked

Its all a load of crap of someone that cant explain a problem thoroughly.

- Check your pc for viruses and spyware.
- Make sure your connection is ok. ( Ie. terrible packetloss will just lead to weird things occuring).

When theres a problem you should just look at what might be causing it before blaming the software itself.

Thats one of the things a lot of ppl do.
They install a driver wrong and get an error in XP cause they cant even install their mp3 player right and theyre like
"zOMG!1111 my PC has a virus!"

¬_¬
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the foaming process end.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe it!!!!! the other day I was in some Exec fragfest and as there were about 6 BGFs firing at the same time, a fish came out of my screen and asked for a puff from my joint. After the puff, it said "Let the foaming process begin". Then the fish got into the game and got a wicked sick on us. Now I get visions of Romero's head on a stick and my dog is howling when I come back home. Damn.... there must be a virus in ZDaemon (or perhaps I should cut down on the mushrooms).

Bless you man; I had not laughed that hard for a long time Laughing
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Danni
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave my servers out of this! ^_^;
GhostlyDeath
God like!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
(or perhaps I should cut down on the mushrooms).

You should watch, some mushrooms kill you, its not like super mario where every mushroom helps you.
Joesomebody
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm ever hear of binds? he probily binded that saying and played at the same time. Or it was a bot.
joshsmith
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this character before man, real fucking dangerous. Uses something called "Game Genie" to hack opponent's computers, sometimes even killing them. Science has yet to prove how this works, but you can count on it be funded in the near future.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshsmith wrote:
I've seen this character before man, real fucking dangerous. Uses something called "Game Genie" to hack opponent's computers, sometimes even killing them. Science has yet to prove how this works, but you can count on it be funded in the near future.

Damn, well we have a witness. the only game I have had a sprite jump out at me on is Corridor 7 and thats that image I have on the other page. do you think you can give us a drawing of what he looks like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: