ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon Player Stats - Tournament Ties/Victories included

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:44 am    Post subject: ZDaemon Player Stats - Tournament Ties/Victories included Reply with quote

As per the title, your player stats page will now include past tournament ties and victories.

However it must be stressed that this has been accomplished on some of the older tournaments by providing a linkage to one of your aliases (if the original account cannot be tracked down).

"If" you happen to find a case whereas a tournament tie/victory SHOULDN'T be present, please let me know regarding the tournament, player(s) concerned and also a link to the given tournament.

Once new tourmaments start to take place again, those victories will also be recorded on your stats page.
TheFatWilly
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty neat, I like having an archive of tournaments participated in.

Will this eventually include tournaments lost as well? Or made to include general tournament attendance so it's more complete as to who took place in where.

Also will there be any discrimination to what will be counted? Obviously first place winners will show up, but what about second and third? Will this have a method of distinguishing what position that player finished in?

Good stuff here, I like the idea of actually giving more historical meaning to the stats page besides the simple "let's see where I'm at in rankings versus other people" or looking up old nicknames.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming it doesn't increase the general load, I may also include general losses.

As for second/third/etc place winners, based on how the older system was constructed that starts to become quite complicated, since you then have to account for which players happened to progress from one round to the next.

However since you mentioned distinguishing which position a player happened to finish, that isn't impossible.

I'll need to give it some careful thought to make sure that whatever happens to be displayed can be interpreted at a glance without any difficulty.

At the moment I am attempting to account for the team-type tournaments for the ancient cases; hopefully that will fill in a few more historical gaps.

Also at the moment there's no easy way to look up your general win/loss ratio (or progression rate), though I may look into that at a later stage on the direct tournament site itself.

Various plans are in-motion, a few of them are taking a bit of time though.

The feedback is very much appreciated.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few adjustments have been made at this stage.

The following detail is now provided:
1) The original final round wins/ties
2) It will now display final round losses
3) It will also display ties/eliminations from the last participated round.

EDIT 2022-08-26: The full view is now displayed by default.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ton of tournaments from 2009-2011 have finished being imported and linked to player accounts.

Said tournaments were run by dewww and Gyrossman at the time.

There are at least three that used a format that didn't mesh well with the official site, however that is being worked on in order for those currently-hidden entries to eventually be included.

Again if there are any inconsistencies, please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: