ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My gratitude to all of you!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kara Kurt
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: My gratitude to all of you! Reply with quote

I know what I'm saying might sound bizarre, but I would like to express my gratitude because I've never had the opportunity to do so - but better late than never, huh!

Despite everything not going as planned (as in Euro dropping), I kept very good memories of ZCL's first season.

Thus, thanks to the Mod crew Alpha, Bless (and eventually Perrondon) for helping me administer the league.

Kilgore: Thank you for hosting the league to a dedicated website. Thanks Kilgore, Domains and the [XXX] crew for hosting the servers.

Thanks to Ch0wW, Evolution and Bulb who supported me with various tasks.

Madgunner: Special thanks to you, my friend, for making/compiling the wad and MOSTLY for being an exceptional admin. Thank you, dude!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

Oh and for the record: Does any of you know how things really began? Some may recall it, haha, I will never forget.
It all started one evening when me and some other nocturnal scrubs were trolling #zdplayers by announcing a hoax: Hey everyone, IDL will move back to ZDaemon, registrations are already open, so join our channel and sign up now!

Troll was a complete success: There were over 40 users however a majority of them were significantly disappointed. While everyone was slowly leaving the channel, suddenly I was thinking about how people would react back if the trolling turned into reality... we've discussed about it then after few hours the thing became real: A genuine CTF League will see the day, folks. Sign up now, and for real this time! Very Happy

In case you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB5aOKbC0jASXUUhpPLEXoBfqXCayTiVO
capodecima
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok all you need now is make Goodbye thread.
Kara Kurt
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'm not 30 I don't play ZD for over a decade and still suck at it Very Happy
capodecima
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao ok i suck. Why you are not mod in this section tho?
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to read that everything went well and you had a nice tournament. You can pat yourself on the back too for being part of this tournament. You yourself made it happen too.

Also, it's good to be thankful from time to time. It makes you feel good when you have something to be thankful for does it not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kara Kurt
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

Also, it's good to be thankful from time to time. It makes you feel good when you have something to be thankful for does it not?

Of course! And yes I agree.
Madgunner
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread, appreciate the thanks!
Running and participating in ZCL seasons 1 and 2 were great fun, although it is a shame that the European division didn't make it. I met a lot of cool people, gained great experience running leagues, and really improved my ctf game. Plus there were a ton of nail biting matches. I still get shivers watching the championship match of season 2!

Who knows, perhaps one day we will see a season 3 of ZCL, but I currently don't have the time to run one due to college. Still, I don't think we've seen the last of ZCL Smile

And thank you to all those who participated and administered the league and to the ZDaemon developers for fixing some bugs that we noticed while running the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MetalGuy213
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capodecima wrote:
Lmao ok i suck. Why you are not mod in this section tho?

Please Fuck Off and never come back ok?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon CTF League All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: