ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZD seems to be running slower for me? Why? CPU?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:19 am    Post subject: ZD seems to be running slower for me? Why? CPU? Reply with quote

Yesterday I logged in and went to a game and noticed everything seemed slower/less responsive, almost as if skipping frames. I didn't mess with any of the settings for it to do this.

The settings I've played with for years is 1920x1080 aspect ratio. There is no SSA Filtering on, I cap the frames at 35. I also have an i7 2600k, and after watching it it didn't seem to be heating up or throttling.

I recently started playing Fall Out 4 and everything runs smooth there with ultra settings (I have gtx 760 gpu), and no problems with the processor either. I also went to zandronum and no problems there either, only on zdaemon for some reason.

So I don't know what is going on...

Lyfe said it may be my processor having multicores not going with zdaemon well, but I've played with the same processor for years with no problem. One thing I did notice was in the Resource Monitor in Windows I watched the cores run and some of them were at 100% when zdaemon was running, but later saw that it did the same thing with zandronum (zandronum works fine though). However, the overall (all cores combined) CPU usage only went as high as 12%.

Any ideas? Any possible settings I need to fix? I've uninstalled and reinstalled zd multiple times with the same problem. I personally think Fall Out 4 has messed with my CPU settings since it started happening after I played Fall Out 4, but not sure.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

OK, for whatever reason, when I do NOT enable fullscreen mode the latency/frame lag seems to go back to normal. I don't know why when I have fullscreen mode on it has latency.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

So I even reinstalled my entire computer and started fresh and the same issue is arising. I guess I'll just play in non-full window mode? I don't get it.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you encounter the same problem Krawa does in this topic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Do you encounter the same problem Krawa does in this topic?

Thank for the reply. I'll look into that post.

I'm starting to think it has to do with my new nvidia driver install. I will try and install an older version before the lag issue to see if that was the case.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what is going on. I rebooted my entire computer, installed older version of nvidia drivers, reinstalled zdaemon several times, tried doing some fancy stuff by going to Advanced System Settings in Windows and into performance options, tried fixing the issue inside the nvidia configs.

It can't be my grpahics card because I can play Fall Out 4 on max settings easy. Zandronum also does not have a problem with 1920x1080 resoultion. I have no idea what is going on. I think it is a FPS thing though because it runs "smoother" in windows mode, and even smoother with lower aspect resolution settings.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can amin please move this to Unconfirmed bug page please?
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens only to you and when no new version has come out...
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I gave up trying to find out the problem. Unfortuinately zandro is the only place that won't mess up on me so I guess I'll be there from now on until something happens Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: