ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero Time Duel V2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shogun
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Zero Time Duel V2 Reply with quote

just an oldschool map i made in my spare time, nothing to special about it, Has a small ressemblance tp SSl2 and Moo2d in that it is a Small map.

I would like to give a special Thanks to Darklord with some of the Map editing to it

if there are any bugs or something that any of you think that should be added just leave a reply

http://speedy.sh/UCwuK/ZTDuelV2.wad
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I have to bust out an initial question. This is strictly in terms of resources/utility.

Why does a single DM map weigh out to be 17.9 megabytes? What have you done? Am I about to witness David's Thinking Man in marble monument form or what?

But honestly, there used to be a guy called Cybershark who used to bitch all day and night about unnecessarily large pwad files. His arguments are still valid to this day. How do you expect to attract players to try out your 1 map if it costs 17.9 megabytes to taste it? getWAD is magical but many people don't have that kind of patience for something completely untested and off-the-grid.
Shogun
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we were editing stuff in slade 3 Darklord had me put an entire texture pack into the wad instead of just taking out some of the textures we used so that would be why its that big
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that you are able to open a texture pack, extract all necessary components via exporting them into image files and then importing them into your own level that you built. It's not like you have to strap an entire rhinoceros onto your vehicle just because you really like its horn. That is a very off-colour metaphor but I think it gets the message across.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play this.. I have badly throttled internet, though. Any chance of reducing the file size?
Shogun
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i'm working on a new version that will reduce the size
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: