ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOOM 4: Back to Old School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: DOOM 4: Back to Old School Reply with quote

Excited for DOOM 4. By the sounds of it, the next installment is going to be a true DOOM game with old school mechanics.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/18/doom-gameplay-unveiled-at-quakecon-2014
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom was revealed to counter fears of trouble at id Software, public reveal unlikely this year
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/18/doom-was-revealed-to-counter-fears-of-trouble-at-id-software-public-reveal-unlikely-this-year/
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

they have to go a long way from RAGE and Doom 3 to reverse my skepticism. You don't just make a game like RAGE and do a complete 180 degree turn.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree TheCupboard, however I will say I'm hesitantly excited. Rage wasn't recieved too well, and Doom 3 stopped being fun to play really fast. I think they've realized this, hence the (predicted) 180.

I think it may be a good thing overall that none of the original Doom team is on board. (Tim Willits doesn't count, he wasn't there for the first 3 episodes development!) And of course, a hearty "fuck you" to Zenimax for suing Carmack. Kinda hard for me to overlook that one, I've got a feeling the thought will occur to me while playing and soil the experience partially.

I definitely hope the best for this one, though I am still a bit uneasy.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your ass over here and sign up http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/doom
Jad
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they released a trailer to a limited amount of people to quell the feelings of discomfort about the game running into problems, thereby reinforcing said negative feelings to the rest of the general public?

I mean I get showing it to the folks at QuakeCon first, I mean that's a bonus you should get for going, but it sounds like the reveal was taken quite well so why not show it to everyone now?

Honestly, I'm not sold yet. I just have this foreboding feeling.

I also read somewheres there is going to be a new focus on melee combat...
Yeah, okay, but you can f**k off if you're gonna pull back the camera and do pre-rendered fatality animations.

Heres to hoping some of that sprawling level design comes back too.

Edit:

Some of those comments in the petition are so terrible they are funny, most are just outright terrible Sad

OH OH, something else I just thought of, how are they gonna market this DooM? They marketed RAGE as "From the creators of DooM [and Quake]", are they gonna stick that back in the promos?

"DooM, from the creators of DooM!"

Brilliant.
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what I like is no regenerating hp and fast paced, that's Doomy.

Don't know about the double jump, maybe it will be a MINE MINE MINE MINE dance but who knows, I am sure you can play a classic set up where you can't jump or whatever. I also hope the melee combat won't be too much like Halo.

I am very sceptical as Doom 3 literally made me cry when I finally got it so I don't know, I just wait.

They were talking about 4 players? Hell no! 16 players CTF with custom maps, YEAH! And if it is customizable I sure as hell will build every map of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Cool

And they made a good point that the game will be build by players that grew up with Doom, kinda like us, so that is cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: