ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #323 - Counter Strike CTF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicamore
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: ZDS #323 - Counter Strike CTF Reply with quote

This weekend, log out of Steam and come to ZDaemon instead! Bringing back an old classic, we will be
playing Body-guard's Counter Strike CTF - an amazing dehacked project that features smooth
weapons and sounds from the original game. Also provided are 27 great maps that feature strategic
CTF gameplay, as well as cool custom music.

Settings:

Game Mode: CTF
IWAD: DOOM2.wad
PWADs: csctf27.wad, cswp3_final_2.wad, UTvox1d.wad
Wad url: http://krawaserv.dyndns.org/wads/
Maps: 01 - 27
DMFLAGS: 21572 / 131080
Players: 16 + 30 spect slots
Skill: 3 //Ultra Violence
Timelimit: 9
Flags: 5

Date: Saturday 9th November 2013

Euro: 19:30 BST (14:30 EDT)
USA: 02:00 BST (21:00 EDT)
Locations: [SDA] / Dwango United NJ

See you there!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: ZDS #323 - Counter Strike CTF Reply with quote

I got quite excited when I saw this posted as it's been an age since this was played, and I have some fond memories of it.

But... (don't tell me you didn't see the "but" coming)
Sicamore wrote:
Also provided are 27 great maps

I had a problem as soon as I saw this because I know for a fact that not all 27 of the maps are anywhere near great.

And playing it on Saturday night...
As I say, I have good memories of playing this in the past - as well as playing Shareware Doom with these guns. Maybe my memories were of playing these maps with standard Doom2 weapons, or just a different selection of maps to the ones we staggered through in US ZDS.

Those maps seemed to be designed for players with run disabled, or by someone with no knowledge of Doom physics. All those crates to trip over? And those ubersteep staircases? Utterly ridiculous.
And why did every single map have to look exactly the same?

Sorry, but it was one of those nights where I just felt embarressed to have invited people to the server.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could have been a surgically altered maplist and I think no one would've complained. :p Good romp for a short while. And wow there were a lot of crates and lava.
Jad
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn, I missed the labyrinth of pain!

...and I was just talking about playing this!
Body-Guard
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark while I agree at most what you said, still I think it is a bit harsh Razz especially the last sentence. This stuff was made like 7 years ago and things were really different back then. csctf was one of the most popular ctf to play for a short while (like for half a year or so). It is easy to judge the maps now, especially versus Teh Base for example....Zdaemon's features were really "crippled" back then, and who knows, if we will be here after another 7 years, we might easily say that Teh Base sux too. Not to mention the mentality of the players nowadays, very few of them bother to play any competitive gamemode, and when they encounter stronger opponents or some behavior they can't figure out, they simply leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: