ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNS #108 - The Great Bicycle Mystery 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[FEAR]Tobi
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: TNS #108 - The Great Bicycle Mystery 2 Reply with quote

The Great Bicycle Mystery 2, a megawad released in 2009 by two mappers you should all be aware of, TheCupboard and Worst.
It contains improved maps of the first Bicycle Mystery, new maps and also some custom monsters.
Come and check it out yourself, this Thursday!

DMFLAGS: 100745252 / 806758400
PWADs: tnsskins1a, bm2surv
Maps: 01-16
Lives: 1
Players: 20/50
Item Respawn Time: 60 Seconds
Player Join Limit: 5 Minutes

Date: 5th September 2013

Euro session: 19:00 BST (that's 14:00 EDT)
US session: 19:00 EDT (that's 00:00 BST)

Servers:
  • [L@P] - Germany, Europe
  • DUI - New Jersey, USA
BBVD
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes record from stream Wink

http://www.twitch.tv/bigbvd/c/2880719
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only played the first few maps on US, but it was much fun Smile
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unexpected, wow! I appreciate this, Uncle Stalin is very proud. If there is ever a part two I'll show up or something! Again I'll put a plug in for worst-vd-plas, without his dehackery/dehsuppery this wad wouldn't exist in its current form. Basically all the new monsters borrow behavior from Heretic/Hexen enemies. Of course this project is also playable on other ZDoom ports since DECORATE versions of the enemies are added.

Admittedly the maps are juvenile at times but many of them are relics from the very first pwads I ever made for Doom, circa 2006 and forward.

BBVD awesome video I'll watch tomorrow.
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we played the entire wad cuppie D: We went through the first part pretty quick.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Alteus! Glad you had the meat shields and determination to do the whole thing. I gotta admit I only expected 4-8 people to ever play at a time, never 16+. xD

Anyway here is a run-down of the new enemy encounters for anyone interested:
Ex-Buddy: He has a chipped helmet and a chip on the shoulder. Expect a little more oopmh than shotgun sergeants provides.
Plasma Trooper: Their green jumpsuits should scream "danger" the minute you spot them. Speedy bursts of arachno-plasma are deadly.
Soul Harvester: It is possible to gib these fellas with a BFG or lucky rocket but expect 2 shotgun shells to take down this emaciated tomb imp which fires homing projectiles.
Snake Imp: Yikes! A slithering imp which shoots powerfully caustic slime. Don't be afraid to use big weapons on these creatures.
Cacolich: A favorite encounter for many marines (the ones who survive anyway). They summon homing tornados, powerful green blobs, and small slimeballs which burst into a circular blast of droplets which spray in all directions. Not one to be trifled with, but SSG or chaingun are usually enough to handle them.
Afrit: A flying baron dating back to Eric Alm's Sycthe projects. Speedy and launches fireball mayhem. His skin is so hot he bleeds puffs of smoke.
Lord of Heresy: A true, pale yellow menace which shoots 1-3 slime projectiles in a forward arc. Bring backup.
Hell Warrior - A shield-toting lion-baron who slings a fireball and unleashes a swirling green spell from his shield. Take it easy with these guys. Chainguns are poor against them and be careful not to spray rockets/plasma when they are blocking or you may fry yourself. BFG balls/tracers are effective IIRC.
Gray marines: A rare encounter, wandering marines who are lost in the esoteric battlefields you encounter. Put them out of their misery. Or use them as meatshields because they have no firepower or sense to stop following you around.
Gray demons: This stealthy variety of pinky is a rare encounter. They are deadlier than specters and will only phase back into reality when shot or chomping down on unsuspecting travelers.
Alteus
Altues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we have already encountered many of those monsters since Worst implemented them in our randomization wad (in further rotations we turn it on to replace monsters with those, sometimes with funny results when total randomization is enabled). Rhinoduck has improved the script and we have played several rotations with them, so we were already old dogs when we meet them in bm2. Razz

Hell warriors give us some cool reflection deaths (one involving a reflected bfgshot) and btw, we actually call that Snake Imp, "Shakira Imp" cause its hips dont lie. lol
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that the Easter egg in this session's post went unnoticed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Thursday Night Survival All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: