ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays #20 - The Shopping Center v2 !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Memfis
MemfisWatt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it difficult to use grenade launcher with autoaim ON because in the situations where the monster is above me, the grenades tend to hit the ledge of the platform instead of the monster it is on. Can something be done about it (like maybe make it aim a bit higher) or should I turn off autoaim?
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buuuh, autoaim players Very Happy !
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[XXX]UberGewei wrote:
SR69MM-JC and I have been messing around yesterday and we came up with some idea's that might actually work and set a new limit of 2000, 4000 or even 8000 if you guys are planning to swap doom ammo for heretics's.

WTH? This doesn't even require swapping of ammo types.
Just use some non-Doom-keytypes as multipliers.

eg:

Cash=Crossbow Ammo + (Hexen Cave Key*400)
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was awesome.

It really was fantastic to finally see someone come up with a modifier that found a way to use Adereth's old idea of using Heretic guns in Doom - co-op continuity of keeping weapons from map to map is really the best for it.

You made some great tweaks to those weapons, and the way you've integrated the artifacts is excellent too.

Also, the shopping hubmap is a fantastic design! I loved the Strife "security guards" and really think this is the closest anyone has ever come to making an HQ-style map which is actually useful Very Happy

[XXX]UberGewei wrote:
SR69MM-JC and I have been messing around yesterday and we came up with some idea's that might actually work and set a new limit of 2000, 4000 or even 8000 if you guys are planning to swap doom ammo for heretics's.

eg:

Code:

[DA]DarthBane wrote:
Best wad ! ever if you guys have time you should do some more updates with items and shit. I really had a blast playing with everyone!

Glad you could be so specific in regard to the improvements you wish to see. I'd spoofishly re-quote the "add more items and shit" part, but I actually couldn't make that sound anymore stupid.
Please realise that this is about the Frenchos creating a sensible new framework for Doom players to work in, not just adding random shit for the sake of it. Let's keep it ZD here, not turn it into yet-another-Skulltag-mod Wink
[DA]DarthBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be cool is that if you can spend your money to increase your health meter.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:

eg:

Code:

This would be a good idea if only all the keys weren't lost on map change.

On the other hand, it is apparently possible to give/take/check the seventeen puzzle items from hexen. Players can have up to 25 of each but they will carry only 1 through map change (just like heretic inventory stuff) so keep it in mind. Here's the list of class names. This is taken from zdoom wiki with the exception of PuzzFlameMask (it is somehow named PuzzSkull2 in the actual code):
Code:
"PuzzBook1",
"PuzzBook2",
"PuzzCWeapon",
"PuzzFWeapon",
"PuzzGear1",
"PuzzGear2",
"PuzzGear3",
"PuzzGear4",
"PuzzGemBig",
"PuzzGemBlue1",
"PuzzGemBlue2",
"PuzzGemGreen1",
"PuzzGemGreen2",
"PuzzGemRed",
"PuzzMWeapon",
"PuzzSkull",
"PuzzSkull2",

Alternatively, you can somehow utilize "Mana1" and "Mana2" classes which are Hexen ammo types. The maximum is 200 for each without backpack and 400 with it.

You still need to waste an ammo type from doom/heretic if you want to keep your pickup-items (coins) though. You can't use keys as pickup-items because it seems like untagged keys cannot be removed on pickup through any means or hackarounds at all (damn it I wish they could). Granting artifacts means players might possibly use them (and even crash their clients if it's a hexen one).

P.S. The only APROP_ property of player object that is not reset on map change is APROP_Health. There aren't many that you can even change but either way every single other property will be reset. No luck with this idea.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
[XXX]UberGewei wrote:

eg:

That wasn't my Idea either but they came up with that themselves :p.
Sr here came up with an Awesome idea to make it work elseway Smile
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[DA]DarthBane wrote:
What would be cool is that if you can spend your money to increase your health meter.

The code has been done, we only need to test it!

For the ammo limit, we found it is really conveniable for players to keep it at 400.

That'll prevent the money whores to steal all the money they find, and disconnecting once they die (as I have seen plenty of people doing that).

But we are planning some bugfixes and optimisations (mostly the playerratio for exiting Smile ).
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr69Mm-jC wrote:
Cybershark wrote:

This would be a good idea if only all the keys weren't lost on map change.

D'OH!!
I'd forgotten the part about needing to carry over to next map Laughing

Well, two possibilities still come to mind:
Do the same as I suggested above, but use another ammo type as the "carry" multiplier, constantly checking to see if player maxes out:
Code:
If ammotype1=400 {ammotype1=0; ammotype2++;}
delay(5);
restart;

The other suggestion is simpler, but would require a bit more of a rewrite. See, it's not the ammo limit that is the problem, it's the way that you use a wastefully inflated currency system. 5 coins is the lowest denomination that can be spent in the shop, but why? Just divide the coins given - and the shop prices - by 5 and your 400 limit (effectively) becomes 2000.

(Also, I thought I'd edited rather than doubleposting last time - somebody should feel free to clean that shit up.)
Ch0wW
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I'd have done that:

Code:
if (AMMO_MONEY >= AMMO_MAX)
{
    AMMO_MONEY2 = AMMO_MONEY;
    AMMO_MONEY = 0;
}

And then, replacing the ammo routine as wanted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Frenchies' Chaotic Tuesdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: