ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survival Wad "Save the Day"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Survival Wad "Save the Day" Reply with quote

savethedayzd.zip
http://wadhost.fathax.com/request.php?220 Wad Download
Other Download LocationOther Download Location

oh and the skins pack for the wad too http://wadtemp.fathax.com/files/skins-std.zip skins-std.zip

Join in on the action so you can fight to Save the Day! Your Orders are to report to these areas that were deemed 'unworthy' by assessment for your Main Characters original Mission. But, after 10 years they have evolved into a threat! Now it is your Duty to lock down those Facilities and clear those Demon's Dens of the plague and kill those abominations of science and greed for good! Dismissed!

ALL maps are 100% playable, but, This wad was my first attempt so there might be a few 'potholes' in the road, but i tried to make the overall experience enjoyable.

The first 4 maps are to be excluded plus map 9 so a total of 5 maps excluded from the maplist for the following reasons:
Map 1,2,4 were the first ones I started on and they actually make the rest of the wad look bad so they are to be removed. Map03 is an Oblige map so that will be removed, and Map09 should have been deleted because i never balanced the monsters. Although these maps are playable they should be skipped.

DM Flags: 67389484
DM Flags2: 1212530
the only DM flags i care about are: Falling Damage=on, infinite tall actors=off, nice weapons=on, drop weapon with death=on, Infinite Ammo is up to you but it is ON in the Dm flags i have up there...
also the wad does need that +item_respawn cvar variable to be set to like 15 for best compatibility.

Maplist (without 1,2,3,4,9) 15 total
maps 8,12,16 are moved to the end of the list because i feel they are the hardest, but that part is up to you!

Oh i almost forgot about the skin pack i just recently made to go with this wad, its no big deal just 33 player skins. http://wadtemp.fathax.com/files/skins-std.zip skins-std.zip

Have a Good Time and thanks for reading.

edit: I forgot to mention that this was first designed for Survivial, but it is too hard for Survivial so it is recommended for Co-Op

_______Old Post Below____________

Hello all. I am currently making a new wad called "Save the Day" My original vision for this WAD was to make it an overall fun experience with survival mode but not necessarily in the same way as other WADs. Medium to Large sized levels with some 'fun' or 'nontraditional' levels mixed in.
Right now it is loaded with a bunch of textures i downloaded from the internet mainly duke nukem, quake, and hexen textures (with some custom made textures i made of monsters playing musical instruments) but i am going to delete ones that werent used in the end to free up space. Also the background music for most of the levels are MIDI versions of Rock and Metal songs but the newer ones i am currently making will have more Rap/Techno sounds.

I was hopeing maybe to make this an open project so other people can contribute to the wad either by making a level or help detailing. Right now there is about 18 levels, and i wanted to fill the WAD up.

There are 5 'new' monsters but they are actually just replacements of= Nazi, Lost Soul, and Pain Elemental. the new monsters are:
Small Ghost, he has the HP of the nazi but he shoots out an imp and baron fireball at same time and chain casts them (He is very strong at a long range)
Ghost Boss, he is the same as the small ghost but scaled to almost same size as cyber demon with half the HP of a cyberdemon and he looks more invisible so he can sneak up on you easyer in dark areas.
Hell Bat, he is the replacement for the lost soul it kind of looks like a lost soul but he is a flaming skull with wings, im sure you have seen these sprites on the website to download.
Bat Boss, same as the hell bat but double the size and more hp and damage
and last but not least the Pain Elemental He will keep the same name but he looks like a baron of hell but with wings and can fly and he is the size of a cyberdemon but with half the HP of one and he shoots out 2 rockets at once.

and for the muscial groups i created one is a Monster Band and they are a rock band and the other is 'DJ Cyber THIS' he is a cyberdemon Dubstep DJ
i allready have a 'concert' level of the monster band playing on stage as your killing stuff and DJ Cyber THIS loves to appear at clubs with color'd lights and crushing ceiling obstacle courses!

Right now the WAD is far from done because i need to finish detailing most of the levels,you know not have the floor be so 'flat'. Also a big issue i have sometimes is finding the right order to spawn monsters in, for me personally i think a swarm of arachnotrons and cacodemons and cyberdemons is fun but i have to sit back and think... what would be fun for other people and not JUST for me?

If somebody does contribute i will of course add your name to the Created By section and not just the Special Thanks part.
I am always open for tips or advice or straight out criticism and i will add pics soon

Last edited by FreeSword on Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
lukasxd
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps are strange. Very psychedelic, and rare.
The sprites are good, specially the ghost and the wrath, btw, dont
overflood the wad with much textures.

So, gl with ur project.

Quote:

Lol'd
Serp_i_Molot
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture of the band reminds me of From Dusk Till Dawn! Cool
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Smile According to the screenshots, this looks like a real challenge for survival. I hope the Thursday Night Survival-team is willing to try when this wad is done.

FreeSword wrote:
and for the muscial groups i created one is a Monster Band and they are a rock band and the other is 'DJ Cyber THIS' he is a cyberdemon Dubstep DJ
i allready have a 'concert' level of the monster band playing on stage as your killing stuff and DJ Cyber THIS loves to appear at clubs with color'd lights and crushing ceiling obstacle courses!

This sounds pretty original to me. Smile It is a shame actually that you are already showing this off. This stuff would have made a nice "easter egg" for this wad, but I guess it is spoiled now.

From what I can tell from the screenshots, this wad is going to be interesting! Keep up the good work and your motivation!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback! This project is going along very well but i still cant figure out when it will be done Very Happy . I appreciate the positive things i have heard so far and now i have more fuel to add to my fire thanks again!
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeSword wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! This project is going along very well but i still cant figure out when it will be done Very Happy . I appreciate the positive things i have heard so far and now i have more fuel to add to my fire thanks again!

Good things take time to complete! Smile You have all the time in the world man, don't rush it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few weeks of making this wad, I am finished with it because i feel no matter how much time i put into it, it will always look like my 'first wad'. Thank you to most of the players who played it. And although there was a good amount of negative feedback... it was mostly because of small things that the player does not personally like (for example if the player does not like arachnotrons then they complained when there were arachnotrons, or called me a noob for having arachnotrons in the wad) but other then that i had a fun time making these levels and a more fun time playing it with other people.

I did make a few changes before i finished it up, I was able to spawn in hexen/heretic monsters with the original doom monsters, and also use scripts to make some monsters have a different color and strength but i only used these new monsters and colors in the last few levels. But i think i will be adding them into the next wad project i will be making , which will probably be called 'Save the Day 2'

I am not embarrassed by my wad so i have hosted it, but, I found it to be fun played as Coop instead of Survival because on some parts of the maps it seems easyer to just die and try again, but then again that was a feature i added purposely to make the Survival aspect more fun. Like i mentioned in my original post i wanted this to be Survival map, but in the end i feel it can be played as both.

http://wadtemp.fathax.com/files/savethedayzd.zip

I have learned alot more about wad editing since when i first started. And also the difference on how things look in the editor or zdoom compared to how ZDaemon actually shows it. and i feel with the knowledge i gained my next project attempts will come out looking alot better then my first wad.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question.. Have you by any chance used SLIGE (or OBLIGE or whatever it is..) for any of your maps, particularly map03?
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr69Mm-jC wrote:
Just a quick question.. Have you by any chance used SLIGE (or OBLIGE or whatever it is..) for any of your maps, particularly map03?

yes actually map03 is the only map not made by me because it was created by OBLIGE, the only reason why it is in the wad originally was to take the spot over another map i wanted to delete (so i didnt have to rearrange the map numbers)
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again! I have created a Skins Pack for my wad. This skins wad only contains 33 player skins but i think it has a few good ones in it. I did have alot more sprites then 33 but most of them were too large, and some didnt transition to the color pallete well, so i figured instead of spending time resizing them i will just leave them out lol!

Of Course, you CAN use this skins wad on your server, just please dont rename it or anything... all credit to the original Artists and Rippers have been documented inside the wad, thank you

I am currently uploading the Skins wad to the wadseeker, its called skins-std.zip, i will also be hosting it if you want to download it directly from the server, just look for the one hosting the Save the Day wad.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will need a link, because GetWad can't find it.
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops sorry about that, i forgot about the processing time for the uploads to there. Here is the link to my servers Wad Host http://76.101.56.15:88/?page=wads i cant figure out how to have the server host only the skins wad and not the pwad for download, because useing the getwad to download the pwad is faster then if you download it from me directly, but the skins wad should download fast
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you upload to DogSoft, they sometimes take months to process it. If you upload it to WadHost, they will process it much faster. Further, if you upload it to WadHost's temporary hosting, the file will be available immediately, but it will automatically be deleted after 18 days, and you have to put http://wadtemp.fathax.com/files/ as the server's website, or GetWad will not find it.
FreeSword
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much. here is the temporary link for the skins wad. http://wadtemp.fathax.com/files/skins-std.zip
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey There,

Going by the fact that this wad is your first wad, I must say you did a pretty neat job. It's actually way better then my first wad that was just some Entryway-Hangar mix up. I enjoyed some of the maps and the idea's that you've used (that DoomBand.. that just made me smile), Ofcourse there were some things that annoyed me like the impassible mid-sidedef textures, weird texture combinations and that huge cybie in the skybox, But overall you did pretty well and i look forward to your next project! There's never enough DooM Wads!

Greetz
-Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: