ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A not counted Killingspree . . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: A not counted Killingspree . . . Reply with quote

Hi,

First I don't know if this is a bug and sorry for that, also if I posted in the right place (if not). Otherwise, if I'm HS, I'd like to rename the title of this topic in "report your unknown bugs" to stop making another topic every time.

In short, I had the BFG, when I fired, my opponent killed me, then the blast effect killed him immediately, and I did not respawned yet. When I got 4 kills in a row, no killingspree was announced.

The question is - does my BFG frag was placed before his own, or is it just a bug?

Anyway there a demo I've converted to WMV format :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nee9c0

(size 8 mb)

----

Another thing I made with paint... keep watching.

So this is not dramatic, just disturbing.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the killing spree is only triggered for 5 kills that are not interrupted by respawning/dying in the meantime. so when out of those 5 kills the first was while you were lying dead on the ground and then respawned and killed him 4 more times it's not a killing spree.

counting pellets is useless. the client predicts the puffs locally to save bandwidth. you only get the hit confirmation (blood) from the server. so they will not add up exactly.

about bug posting in general. next time please make a separate thread for each bug.
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke phenex2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: