ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Elevator" problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: "Elevator" problem Reply with quote

Please excuse me for the lack of discription, because I don't really know how to describe this bug, but I am going to try anyway. When standing on an elevator platform: if the elevator is blocked for going up, the elevator height and the pov-height of all players on the elevator platform are bugged. It's best to see for yourself what I mean. Here's how to reproduce the bug:

• Step 1: go to MAP06 of Doom2;
  • Step 2: on MAP06, walk straight ahead until you reach the elevator platform which takes you to the crusher;
  • Step 3: Take the elevator down and leave the elevator on the right side (the side of the crusher);
  • Step 5: wait for the elevator to go back up;
  • Step 6: call the elevator back down and stand on the elevator with one foot and with the other foot below the pillar you were standing under when you called down the elevator;
  • Step 7: if step 6 was executed properly, the elevator was blocked from going up and you will see the bugged elevator height and the bugged player-pov.

I hope everything I've written here makes sense. If it doesn't, I'll gladly show you the bug personally. Just send me a private message on Zdaemon IRC if needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought this issue was somehow related to packet-loss, it seems not! It happens with any moving sector that can actually be body-blocked (doors, lifts, ceilings...). Some investigation could be of use, because, when such a glitch is used, not only your POV is at the wrong height, but also movements become extremely jittery and you loose a lot of smoothness.
Sr69Mm-jC
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've reported this to ZD staff, like, the next day after public beta (1.09 b23) hit us.. I suspect it's probably low priority, or it takes too much to fix the issue.
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its a very old problem. we'll fix it a bit later since it needs a full rewrite of the platform netcode. we didn't touch the current because it works very well except for this issue.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. It's nothing major or anything. But I stumbled on the bug and it was not reported on the forums yet, so I thought I might as well report it here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, this thread just makes me imagine Roland in a real-life elevator - spending hours in there, totally confused about what buttons to press Razz
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed with Moving floors and Loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: