ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules for EDL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Rules for EDL Reply with quote

Rules for all Divisions

All maps will be of a frag count 50 and they will be set with these classic OS DMFlags.

DMflags: 72029252
DMFlags2: 286637568

DooM2 Map01
--------------------
Dwango5 Map01
--------------------
Dwango5 Map07
--------------------
Judas23
--------------------
King1

Rules

Demo's and Screenshots are required from the winner of the match, so please do make sure you record no matter what! If in some cases demo's get lost and they players cannot agree than a rematch will be played.

Firstly each player will choose 1 map each from the selection and then proceed in eliminating 1 map each leaving the remaining map as the 'Decider'. First to two rounds won is the winner, scores will be posted on the forums and then entered into the website for all to see.

The player to pick their respective map first will be the player on the left of that scheduled game, this game is also played on the server of choice from the same player etc. To decide who picks the server for the final game we have to see who has had more frags throughout the match so far, player with most frags picks the server.

New Point system

With a change to last seasonís point system with implemented a reward point rather than the bonus points, it works in this format;

2-0 win = 4 points
2-1 win = 3 points
1-2 loss = 1 point
0-2 loss = 0 points

These rules will be updated throughout the run-up to the start of the League. Please post with any comments/suggestion here!
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I R suggesting...

Mutual match, not score, should be a deciding factor in case a tie occurs. It sucks, if some guy (eg. pivosik) plays like two games, then realizes he just can't compete and forfeits all his remaining games. Now, forfeit gives you a free pass with a score of 2:0, instead of a chance at manhandling the dude and getting a nice boost with score such as 100:60. I know I shouldn't whine about the system, since I'm the one who benefits from it this season: not only I lost against all three other semifinalists, but those were very close games - it hardly affected my score at all. But, well... unfair is unfair.

Myself I really wouldn't mind changing it now, and honestly it would make sense, since we DON'T have any forfeits in Premiere. But it could also directly affect the Div3 situation, which has the ultimate Russian slacker. And if the unfamous Vendetta #3 deadline changing shitstorm taught us something, it's this: don't change rules in a middle of a tournament, someone will get screwed. Or at the very least someone will feel that way. So this more of a suggestion for next season / the NS league Nero has been planning.

What do ya think?
Emui-Tan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better is to not include any subscribe from some non-trustworthy random guy, who wouldnt use any local online communication service and join just because some other random guy proposed that for a laugh. Of course, just one or 2 divisions were'nt enough, so to get "en masse" you had to turn off the logic in favour of trying to pleasure the crowd, but obviously it would lead to a result you now reaped. Even dedicated players sometimes have problems with finishing their games, in fact you was lucky to get a full 2 games played in case decribed above.

About possible "you're not from EDL, so stfu etc" stuff - i didnt registered exactly due to facts, which was obviously had to lead to such outcome from mere start, i can play a good players outside of EDL, so the single difference it could create for me - is is taking obligations to also play random people, whats clearly wasnt my goal.

You have a some group of well known players, imho you can create a 2 divs and also have some single-elim qualifiers for ones, willing to join a league, so they could prove theyr dedication too, thats should keep such moronic stuff at minimum.

Good luck with your league, gg's and good luck /!\
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emui-Tan wrote:
Even dedicated players sometimes have problems with finishing their games

Spot on. It could and would happen even if we would decline new and unknown players. And unless we don't want to play the same old players over and over again, it's smart to give rookies place to compete (-> get better) in these lower divisions. By the way, Div3 of this EDL is easily one of the most exciting things I've seen in european dueling, period. Getting rid of it would be a really bad idea.

Your opinion is welcomed, no matter which skill level you are, nor if you actually take a part in the league.
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an interesting topic. nerdo follows the principles of english football leagues and it makes sense - the league is a long process and immediate form during the mutual match shouldn't be the deciding factor at the end of it, the long-term performance should. mutual matches, on the other hand, are obviously better for tourney-style events where games are played in a short span of time and/or there are no second leg matches.

but is EDL more of the first one, or the second one? mutual matches may seem more fair with no forfeits or with scrubs jumping the sinking ship, but imagine the nightmare if one of the players in question forfeited... or got waited out by his opponents with more games under their belt (*cough*topcat*coughcough*). it's even more brutal when you realize the forfeit would be a clean 2:0, so in a case of three-, four-, eleventy-sided point tie, he'd get an immense boost, unlike those who fought bitter 2:1 games.
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you're going with this. Truth is, it would be hell of a deal to decide ties between three or more players. Solid arguments all around - I didn't think about it this way.

Okay, what about an exception in case forfeit would be the "mutual match"? I'm gonna go with the sports analogy as well, using baseball as an example. In MLB, in case there's a tie between two teams, a tie-breaker takes place. It's a one game decider, which is pretty brutal, because the season is 162-games long. Now, obviously if we would use a system that already works elsewhere, we could also use it for deciding ties between 3+ players. It IS way too complicated of a solution for such a tiny problem, if we can even agree it's a problem in the first place, I'm just throwing it out there.

And since I'm talking about exceptions, there's this possibility, which could keep the score as a deciding factor, but would be combined with the mutual matches idea. Hopefully this would eliminate unfairness during the process -- when I tried to explain it with words, I got more lost than those Blair Witch mofos. Corel helped me big time...
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.

Firstly what is meant by 'Mutual Match'? I do see where you're coming from here and I appreciated it sucks that people who screw up the league by forfeiting games after taking points from players is incredibly annoying, but what can we do midseason? Sad I completely agree Emui-Tan, and I do take a lot of responsibility for how this has, yet again, slowly fallen apart.

I wanted to give some players a chance because I'd been away for so long and didn't have the brightest idea who was(n't) the most reliable and trustworthy players to allow into the league. I shall not be making the same mistake when it comes to NS league and the next EDL - I'd rather have a much smaller league with players who are respectful and don't screw around.

Gyross - Your picture makes a lot of sense, but in this case I can do what I have in Div3 and just deleted some players completely instead of forfeiting I just removed the games. I can't do this for all the matches - It's a hard thing to come to the best solution with!
fx02
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone forfeits then all matches against him should be 2:0. Even those played before forfeiting.
Anyway, I don't agree with eliminating new players. They should be allowed but some form of qualification should be done. Like to appear on chat play one ore two warmup games with some known players, post results on forum and then allow them to join if they are "unknown" players.
dewww
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, look at sks - he's a new guy stuck in a wrong division, but he played all his games dutifully. we should strive to keep guys like him around.
Eagle-Eye
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - I've done what I think is right and best. Please tell me if you think otherwise.

I have forfeited ALL of pivosik's games, including the matches he'd already participated in. This way no one has gained an unfair advantage with beating him 2-0 over forfeits when the match may have gone either way etc.

Now there is only 1 game in both divisions 3 and premiership. Only a few games left in Division 2, let's see no more forfeits and have a clean finish to EDL!
Gyrossman
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're slowly getting ready for EDL 3. We will have the whole October for sign-ups and season starts on November 1st. There will be two new rules:

- forced spawn after 20 seconds
- 7-maps system; we're not using the ZDDL format. It will go like this: firstly each player will choose 1 map each from the selection and then proceed in eliminating 2 maps each leaving the remaining map as the 'Decider'.

Maps are picked and ready, hopefully Evo will put them into a compilation soon.
Map pool for Premiership: the original 5 + tnt01 + a voting between 2high and foxtrot
Map pool for lower divisions will be: the original 5 + foxtrot + 2high
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Duel League All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: