ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Started, Server Stopped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agentdeadman
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Server Started, Server Stopped Reply with quote

I've been attempting to get a server started, that I can introduce a wad I created. However, as soon as I start the server, it goes green, then red again. Any suggestions?
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more info would be appreciated. You should start by examining the log file (remember to enable general logging).
rygrass
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Wad are you trying to run? also what Iwad ect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
agentdeadman
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm able to "add server" over to the server list. I then click "start server". There's a pause, it turns green, then red, indicating it is off. I thought there might be a basic explanation as the occurence seems simple enough. I'm trying to run Doom2.wad, with one wad that I made (ThePsycheAcheLv1.wad) as a required wad. Would it have something to do with how my files are organized in my directory? I checked my firewall & the server's allowed through. I don't know what would be starting it, then stopping it. I want to make a server. Evil or Very Mad
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try starting a server without your custom made wad. If the server starts normally, your wad is probably bugged. Have somebody troubleshoot your wad in that case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
agentdeadman
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald, I tried removing the required PWAD & it still does the same thing. All the log says is "server started", yet the server is in the red. I'm using Doom2 as the IWAD. Could there be an issue with the website URL? If I can't get this to work, then what's the point of me making levels? Crying or Very sad
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZSL is simply a front-end for the ZServ executable. I would recommend trying to run zserv32.exe and see what it says in the server console of it. ZSL might be invoking the server properly, but maybe something is preventing zserv32.exe from running itself. See what the console says, and then check zserv.cfg, which is the configuration file for it. If ZServ isn't popping up when you double-click it, then you have a more specific problem at hand. (If you by some chance don't see it, check your system tray (lower-right corner) to see if it's minimized there).

Just to answer your question though, the website field is only used for locating any custom wads your server requires. It's used for nothing else of importance.
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agentdeadman wrote:
All the log says is "server started"

I meant this log. It will most likely reveal the problem.
agentdeadman
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthquake, that doesn't help me, but thanks for the time.
Konar6, that's the server setup.
My log reads:

Sunday, November 27, 2011 @ 14:27:47 - UPNP:Forwarding Port
Sunday, November 27, 2011 @ 14:27:55 - Server Started

Evil or Very Mad

Update: Made a copy of my wads folder, then re-intstalled ZDaemon. Fixed the issue of the server not connecting. Now I have the issue of when I join, it enters the DOS loading screen, only tell me that I'm using an outdated version of ZDaemon. I'm using the latest one, but that's for a different thread.
Doom2pro
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad wad file, make sure there are no errors or unsupported features in it (for 1.08.08c).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: