ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Old School Grandslam July 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyrossman
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocelot 2 - 0 Gyrossman (50:38, 50:32)
GG. Totally out-classed, I felt like i can't do one simple move (or frag with bfg) right, it was a pleasure though. Hope you'll join some other Grandslam in future.

Also, GL Titan. Smile
ocelot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyrossman: I didn't feel like I was out-classing anyone. The games felt very hard and closely contested to me, except for the very end of the 2nd one. AFAIK you haven't played much map1 yet, so that is impressive. I saw your games vs atomi and your movement and game IQ look very, very promising. I think you may become Europe's potentpotables in the future. :\

Also, the 2nd game showcased why we need a solution for the sg area. Smile Fortunately deww already has something that we can work on.

I hope I am not so drained now that Wabe will beat me, that would be ironic.
ocelot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocelot(2) vs. Titan(0)

50-32?
50-31

Thank you, Martin, for not making it an even worse campfest than it already was. We both did a lot of waiting there, once again underscoring the fact that ultra-competitive Entryway has problems to fix.

Fortunately, both players eventually opted for keeping the game watchable (not camping indefinitely), rather than sticking to the "best strategy" (camping indefinitely), and there were no camping sessions longer than.... say, a minute or two?

EDIT: the 2nd game was actually 50-35. Sorry Titan.

Last edited by ocelot on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add the missing score - ocelot 50 50 - 32 32 wabe

gotta say, oce had a powerful streak here, but he kept the best for the last. titan's 3x score is something entirely different from gyross' or wabe's. that game was epic. it's safe to say the old bastard faked a wounded gazelle before showing his teeth. :P
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turSKA vs ocelot 3-0 ( 50-49, 50-48 ) two games because i was up 1-0 coming from the WB.

ggs. Tho i gotta say if oce had played like he did against titan i would have gotten a nice assrape. Perhaps the motivation to beat a friend was missing :/

anyway finns on top \o/
Andy Johnsen
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Turska, that was some great display of map01 mastery there, that ssg of yours was running hot, especially in the last game. Great job by Ocelot catching up after the devastating start of the final game. All in all, I think this will stand as some of the finest map01 games one could chose to watch.

Also congrats to the tourney admin for doing a gj organizing this all. Too bad about Sedlo dropping out as well as Mortaology and Runkmans lack of enthusiasem. With these three going for it, and with an in-shape Bwolf and Ufon also pitching in, it would have been the best collection of skill we've seen on this side of the ocean.

But at the end of the day, Turska and Ocelot in the final, that was fireworks.
ocelot
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grand Final was won by Turska, with scores of

50-49
50-48

This was a good tournament, I want to commend the admins for doing a decent job on it. I think having a losers's bracket and bo3 are really the way to go. I also believe such a tournament structure will make future grandslams much more appealing to the "serious" players.

Having won Grandslams in 4 of the 5 official OS maps, turSKA seems to have firmly seized the Euro OS dueling throne.

Congratulations.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Turska.

When oce joined this tourney, i thought it was like 90+ percent guaranteed he was going to win. But i'm guessing his inactivity had taken it's toll on his performance throughout this tournament. Not to take anything away from Turska though, he beat everything this tourney threw at him, and did so without losing a game. That's more than impressive considering his opponents.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw damn, i missed it. congratulations, turska! i'm pretty sure it was the cacodemon power that made the difference. seems you will have to continue defending your OS grandslam dominion!

i'd like to thank everyone who participated, it turned out to be the biggest european 1on1 event since ECL#1. ocelot is right, this system proved to be interesting and fair, so certain big future tourneys might see bo3 or/and lb used too.

we'll do our best to announce grandslam maps in advance so people don't have to delay their first games because of training (next NS grandslam is brit11 map05 btw). this tourney took almost exactly two months - that might be okay for the most serious of maps, but the early stages of other tourneys will have to be played faster.

so... ggs and keep faithful to us.
turSKA
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty guys. Would have indeed been way more epic if ufon and b had joined. Not forgetting Johnsen too Smile With these close scores i could have been out early in the tourney, but sometimes theres that little luck that seperates two players. Ofc talking about my previous games against titan and ocelot. Anyway i'm really hoping ocelot finds some motivation and urge to join the upcoming ecl 2 (if its ever happening). Same goes for all you oldschoolers reading this!

Great tourney indeed and big thanks to the admins and everyone involved! I had a blast!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job by the admins, this has been a brilliant tournament to watch. Congrats to Turska, probably the most impressive tournament run I've ever seen, but what would I know, I'm Scottish.

Congrats to Ocelot and everyone else who took part as well.
Fluffles
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations turska man. Your a beast Surprised
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mikko !

This system is really great, it would be cool to use it in the future of grandslams.

Well i dont think you were lucky against me, i just rushed out the end of the first match and lost the will to win. Usually iam too nervous to play 100% on a tourney. If i join the ecl2, it would be the same problem imo Sad
Konar6
Prepare your eyes!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats turska.
Was nice to see some great entryway chess throughout the tourney.
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i've been collecting demos for the whole tourney duration and i created a repository of them on my server. i made a thread over at doomworld, posted all the demos and commented shortly on all the matches. i believe copy&pasting the whole thing here would be pointless, so kindly head over there!
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/51947-zdaemon-euro-doom2-map01-tourney/

highlight the spoilers for the commentary and results, click the underscored names for demos from those players' POV.

again, congratulations to the winner, 'medalists' and thanks to all other participants, it was great fun and i'm glad we managed to get it done. even before dnf came out! oh and there's turska's nerdy tattoo in that thread. :)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: