ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doomseeker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tm512
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Doomseeker Reply with quote

Hi there.

For at least a week now, I have not been able to get a master list from the ZDaemon master using Doomseeker. I believe this may be the culprit: http://master.zdaemon.org/masterlist.php

I inquired about this on IRC a few times now, but didn't get much of a helpful response and obviously, the problem still persists. So I will put this out here in hopes of someone being able to help seeing it:

Can this please be fixed?

Thanks in advance,
tm512
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, fellow 512er!

I think we can judge from the lack of response here that there ain't too many Doomseeker fans in the crowd. I do use it on occasion and had no problems in the past. However, when I tried it again the other day then I had the same trouble as you.

Now recently I had a similar issue with IDE - it wouldn't display ST or ZD servers for me after its last update. The problem seemed to be that it was looking for the masters in the wrong place. IIRC then 'master.zdaemon.org:80' was what it had down for this place, when it needed to be 'master.zdaemon.org:15300'. So I changed that and it was fine again. Doomseeker seemed to also have incorrect details as of late, but this time changing that port number didn't make any difference.

I'd suggest to get in touch with the Doomseeker guys, or the person that wrote the Zdaemon plug-in for it. You can use IDE in the meantime if you're really averse to the native Zdaemon launcher.
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the relevant line from the Doomseeker source (src/zdaemon/zdaemonmasterclient.cpp):

Code:

QNetworkRequest netRequest(QUrl("http://" + server + ":" + QString("%1").arg(port) + "/masterlist.php"));

Time to bug people! I think we blame this one on Doom2pro, but I could be wrong.
tm512
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Yeah IDE has been working for me. I'm on linux so Doomseeker as a native launcher for all the ports I play was really the best choice. ZLauncher on WINE takes at least a minute to refresh servers on the highest speed and won't save settings. IDE is an acceptable middle-ground for the time being. As Adereth implied, Doomseeker relied on parsing masterlist.php output to get its server list, and that's not working at the moment. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: