ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooperative features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fx02
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Cooperative features Reply with quote

Rockets in cooperative are 90% of time unusable.
Example:
you shoot some rockets and some noob got in the way and you kill yourself becouse of him standing in front of you, or someone shoots you with bfg/ssg and you kill yourself with rocket becouse he/they moved you a little bit.

Anyway, request is to make players "hollow" (clipping) at some distance or some feature like that to avoid killing ourselves Smile)) It would be also cool if many players could be at the same point.
Maybe is that already possible... so if it is tell me how to adjust it! Smile
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splashfactor (sv_splashfactor -1) will probably solve all of your problems. It's a server-side variable, so you'll have to find a server that uses it, or request it from a server admin or a user with rcon access. A value of -1 means the "push" factor is still the same, but you'll receive no damage. You can, of course, try other values (both positive and negative) to see what suits you best. By default the value is 1.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a coop server has sv_splashfactor -1, would that also affect the damage to monsters?
fx02
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arh, that's not a real solution. It's hard to find server with that option Smile

What about noclip ability for players? Sometimes some players block passegs/lifts, is it possible to add noclip for coop players?
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can safely say there is no way full noclipping would ever be implemented online here. And I really don't know about having players (and player projectiles) be able to pass through each other though, it sounds like co-op would be far to oversimplified.

Teamdamage has been removed from public (ie non passworded servers), and players can no longer telefrag each other in them. I think you shouldn't hold your breath for anything more than that.

The best solution is to stick to maps designed for large numbers of players to run around in, or stick to servers with trusted players.
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody answered my question, I did what I probably should have done in the first place: I experimented to see for myself. With sv_splashfactor -1, the rocket splash damage does damage and pushes monsters like normal, but it has no effect on the player who shot the rocket, not even pushing. That would eliminate map-breaking rocket jumps, but might be unpopular with players. Since I tried it solo, I cannot confirm whether or not other players are pushed.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are. It only affects you.

Basically splashfactor serves two purposes: rocket jumping without ill effects, and to prevent players from suiciding off rockets. I don't think it will prevent players from pushing around other players, so it won't be of use there. You can always try it with bots (I would, but I can't figure out how to get em to work now).
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird. I tried it again, and now it does push me. Either I did something wrong last time, or this time.

I put sv_splashfactor -1 in the Extra Params box, and it had no effect. I had to enter it in the console. How would I put this in my server? Would I have to manually enter it into the server console every time I launch the server?

Edit: I looked around and found an easy way to set splashfactor in ZDaemon Server launcher 2.0.0.0 b22, but I'd still like to know how to set a sv_xxx variable in the Extra Params box of the local games launcher in ZDLauncher, or in the server launcher's Server Run Options menu.

I'll keep looking and report here if I find the answer.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put it in the server configuration file.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd still like to know how to set a sv_xxx variable in the Extra Params box of the local games launcher in ZDLauncher, or in the server launcher's Server Run Options menu.
Use + to set CVARs directly from the cmd. line: +sv_splashfactor "-1"
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Use + to set CVARs directly from the cmd. line: +sv_splashfactor "-1"
Thanks for the reply! I tested that by copy-and-pasting it into the Extra params box in the Local/Single Player Game... menu in ZDLauncher, and it didn't work. My rockets still hurt me.

Would it be better for me to make a thread in ZDaemon Help & Chatter about this question?
phenex2
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already disabled telefragging in public coop which was a reasonable thing to do.
Making the players completely invisible to eachother might take away the last bit of tactical depth coop has.
It would be a bit too much baby sitting for my taste, just as shark pointed out already.
If players have the RL or BFG in coop they should take care so they don't push others into a pit full of cybies i think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: