ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zdaemon Server file problem..... I think?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
All-Day-Trey
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Zdaemon Server file problem..... I think? Reply with quote

Ok so whenever I start ZSL I get this popup saying, "The Zdaemon Server File (*.zs) is not associated with Zdaemon Server Launcher! Would you like to associated it with Zdaemon Server Launcher?" . .

And then I click "Yes" and an error comes up saying, "Could not write to registry! Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator" . . I am logged in as an admin so idk what is going on. I click OK on the error and than ZSL loads and appears to be fine, but when I try start servers it gets stuck on "starting up upnp" or whatever. I have no idea what goin on, very frustrating. Can anyone help me????
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually choose to never associate files of any type to any application, so I can't confirm if this is a problem or not. However, I do have one suggestion, and that's to add a "Never show this window again" checkbox to the form somewhere, so we're not subject to clicking "No" everytime.
All-Day-Trey
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I've moved past that and had the server up but now is keeps crashing and the error is "could not load configuration file zserv.cfg". I looked at the file and changed the 0 to a 1 like it said to do but still the same problem. ??
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that you are running the server launcher on Windows Vista or Windows 7. Do you have Zdaemon installed in program files? If so, try moving your installation "My documents".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
All-Day-Trey
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running it on Vista, I moved the zdaemon folder to my user folder instead of My Documents (could'nt find My Documents, I dont think that folder exists on Vista) but the problem persists. To clarify the error (in zserve.exe) is "Zdaemon Fatal Error: Couldn't load configuration file <10666_zserv.cfg>"
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that your registry entry for ZDaemon still points to the old location in Program Files. I suggest reinstalling ZDaemon somewhere outside of Program Files to fix that problem. Maybe make an Old Programs folder, for programs like ZDaemon that write to their folder, and therefore won't work inside Program Files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: