ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some future version related questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomerMrT
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Some future version related questions Reply with quote

I've seen the 1.08.09 changleog and really a LOT of things are bundled in that version, it is just plain awesome. My question is that will Inventory handling like giving/taking items work as of 1.08.09 or if not, later somewhere near 1.09? And the same question applies for the merged weapon/item lists too.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and we can't commit to a certain version or date (and the same applies to all similar questions). This will only lead to unrealistic expectations and more drama. Sorry.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused here because some inventory handling does already work.

Eg: in my 'Capture teh Keys' concept I originally had the keys removed from the players possession via ACS after they score and that worked fine online. The only problem was that the status bar did not update to reflect the removal of the keys.

So why is everyone talking like this function is not currently supported and will not be anytime soon? Confused
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark: Inventory manipulation with ACS only works serverside atm.

So giving the player any items they should know about, doesn't work.

You can give them a weapon for example, and succesfully check if they have it with ACS..but the player can't actually select the weapon, because the server never told them about the change.
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not neccessary to create another topic about 1.08/09, I am asking here then. I was browsing on the changelog, what a great news there about the demos. In the doom2.exe times there was the program called LMPC, it was the great tool for many things including the possiblity to generate other view of a player. Then you can see the view of your opponent including sounds and everything. It might be solved on zdaemon by the F12 function. Actually it is still shaky when you change a view. You cannot see his smooth view, mouse rotating properly. If this gonna be fixed, what about to do the same thing for the sounds. For example, i want to watch a demo, and i want to switch on player B and i want to hear his sounds too.
[n00b]Adereth
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information can't be obtained in demo format because it's never sent to the server. The program you mentioned was able to do what it could with demos only because the original Doom network code sends all information back and forth between all players all the time. ZDaemon doesn't include any of that because it's inefficient, so F12 only builds information based on what was sent to the client. It's also a bit of a hazard, since getting this information for the enemy team would let you cheat from it during the live game.

That being said, there was work done on improving the fidelity of demos, but much of it was fundamentally incompatible with DEHACKED (it would require tracking when the 'fire' key is pressed down, rather than simply what weapon is being fired and when.) This would easily include sounds, however. Smoothness is tied to the 1.09 netcode interpolation improvements from Danni and would improve as a direct result if those features saw the light of day.

As a general rule on the matter of DoomerMrT's original question, as of two years ago, no ACS fixes were planned for earlier than 1.09, as they'd require a significant netcode change. (Remember that, kids.)
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[n00b]adereth wrote:
As a general rule on the matter of DoomerMrT's original question, as of two years ago, no ACS fixes were planned for earlier than 1.09, as they'd require a significant netcode change.

There will be a few acs improvements for the next version of ZDaemon (1.08.09). You can check the changelog if you want to get an idea of what. But yeah this is due to the fact that 1.08.09 will have netcode changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: