ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDDL Season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKist3
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: ZDDL Season 3 Reply with quote

Hey guys its about time for ZDDL to start up again. I have created a thread for discussion on the league at:

http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl_forums/index.php?topic=104.0

If you have anything on the league to comment on please feel free to post in that thread. Other than that, start praciticing up! Hope to see you all shortly for season 3!
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally ¦ )
Aerial[N]
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19:40:08 <JKist3> im going to make the post
19:40:13 <JKist3> and nobody will respond except a few morons
19:40:18 <JKist3> with terrible suggestions
SuperNova
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to direct this away from devs forum boards, JKist, but I believe this should be said here:

Out of all of the people who've read this post, how many of you actually intend on entering the ZDDL? Seriously. Not to put a damper on it, but I would be frustrated if I were JKist or Dev as they've put a lot of work into this to yield seemingly poor results. I know a lot of the older 1on1 players have slowly but surely disappeared, but don't any of the newer players want to enter the zddl? Even further more, are any of them any good at 1on1 or have they all just decided to stick to being decent at 1 game mode and that's it?

My sole reason for this post wasn't to take away from CTF and the skill it has to offer. I'm here to see who is or isn't interested. I plan on entering even though I've lost about 50% of my skill and don't play nearly as much as I used to. However, if people aren't even going to enter and just shy away from it, I won't waste my time as JKist and Dev shouldn't waste their time trying to make this work. I do know that this typically has a good amount of interest, but I would think people would be posting some (dumb, they truly are dumb) ideas and leave worthless posts about how excited they are to enter.

So it basically boils down to this: if you plan on entering, post saying yes or no. If not, well I think we'll get the idea. I truly hope you people won't back out and actually put up something to offer as this is an awesome experience to have as a doom player. So, we'll just see.
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerial, you are a fucking moron, haha
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 on 1's have gotten pretty boring for me, Ill still play them from time to time but they aren't exciting anymore. Im not trying to turn this into a big debate or anything but the 1 on 1 scene has more or less died because of another game mode and whiney players crying about you using certain weapons and qutting on you. I don't think Ill be joining up ZDDL because if Im not enjoying it so there is no point, plus until Dweller2 map11 is introduced into the mix I wont even think about signing up. Good luck with the ZDDL though Jkist and Dev.
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, if no one's gonna join, chances are it's not going to happen.

I agree with Metalblack as far as people complaining about weapons, I don't want to deal with ragequitting kiddies.
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to play, and I assume there will be enough signups to fill up 2-3 divisions. Div4 has always been a disaster imo. As far as things being exciting or fun, 1v1 is just a totally different type of game and for the most part most players don't have the patience to play the best players. I know I generally don't. But that is why there are multiple divisions. I mean here's a list of people I can see signing up:

Kist
Pot
Dev
Star
Tai
Denny
Ralph
Whiteboy
Rott
Hatred
Anger
Strangle
Collision
Nero
Gyrossman
Titan

Now these are just some guesses on my part but that is almost 2 divisions of people. The fact that ZDDL is putting some effort into having a competitive 1v1 league is a cool thing in this community and even players who arent really sure if they could play should inquire.

As far as players being immature, MB/Tai the divisions you'll be in don't have complainers in them. Div3/4 maybe, but cmon, everyone in the top 2 divs know the all weapons and styles are fair game.

Also I expect Dweller to be on the list this season so if that sways you Smile
Doomination
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget me...
JKist3
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why there needs to be any negativity about the league. From what I saw, there is enough interest in it to have a healthy season. I'd encourage any duel fan to sign up for it. It should be fun. We have some new things in store this season too: live broadcasts with announcers, cash prizes, etc. Anyway, sign ups have started. They close on 09/25/2009. Hope to see you all for season 3!

http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl/
NoStar
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to elaborate on Kist's post a little because it might encourage signups.

Right now ZDDL is working on having live broadcasts of matches with announcers commentary on a weekly basis. Aside from just being awesome this will also circumvent the ZDaemon 16-player limit per server. And yes this does make a difference as I have watched ZDDL games in a full server with people wanting in. This is a HUGE thing for the playoffs and some of the more competitive regular season games.

Second, CASH FUCKING PRIZE PEOPLE! Really I think it is a winner take all kind of thing but cmon, this has never actually happened before. I read a thread about a Red Nexus CTF tourney that never got off the ground (though it was a great idea) with a similar incentive. The ZDDL admins are trying to provide this incentive for players to get better and compete at high levels if for no other reason than to keep ZDaemon game play alive.

Signups are available here:
http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl_forums/index.php?topic=105.0

Good luck and have fun!
Solar_Flare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign up, but I don't recall my login info for the zddl site at all :/
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash you say? Count me in!
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone cannot remember their password, send me a priv message here on the forums with at least what their username was... or on the ZDDL forums... or in IRC... and I can get it handled. Please do not create duplicate accounts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Solar_Flare
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, it was for the IDL forums.
mk-2001
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i join this league plz?
JKist3
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to this site: http://www.cdevastation.com/zddl/

and follow the intructions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: