ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an option for this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Is there an option for this? Reply with quote

I was playing Map15 of Alien Vendetta on my server today. Near the beginning of the level is a trap, where bars raise to your sides and are unable to escape. The only way to escape is to shoot the switch on the other side of the room, which will open up a switch inside the trap to lower the bars.

However, in ZDaemon, the shot is "blocked" by the bars that rose, making the trap inescapable without dying or reconnecting. Does ZDaemon have a compatibility DMFLAG (or something else) for "Self referencing sectors don't block shots" (that's the compatibility option ZDoom has)?

If so, thanks for any advice.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is there an option for this? Reply with quote

soncdoommario wrote:
Near the beginning of the level is a trap, where bars raise to your sides and are unable to escape.

Bwahahahaha, I read that as bears!

I see the problem area of the map but I'm confused as AV was designed for Doom2, and wasn't vanilla behaviour to always treat those kind of sectors as solid? Confused
soncdoommario
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it under Chocolate Doom and it worked fine.

ZDaemon did a good job of getting a lot of compatibility with Doom, but I guess this is one of the things they missed. Was the behavior copied from Boom instead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: