ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[WCT] Worldwide Cooperative Tournaments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea for the mean time, but I think actually having a competitive COOP mode would be more fun.
Eagle-Eye
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom2 Map07 would last 2minutes, far too short.

Need huge maps that need a little more thinking imo
dewww
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scythe map26 :D
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drowned in Blood would be hilarious.
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
It's a good idea for the mean time, but I think actually having a competitive COOP mode would be more fun.

Erm?

This is designed to be competetive?? FInsih the map in the best time n all that? With the kills - death ratio and all the crap mentioned in the first post?

This thread wasn't about "just playing coop" lol. IT's said to be a comp for a reason!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get your tampon in a twist. I just suggested that it would be better if there were maps specifically designed to create a real competitive coop mode.

There has been competitive coop for years. I'm not taking away from Snipes idea, it is good, but what I am saying is that it would be far better if there were wads created to make competitive coop as streamlined and goal orientated as CTF.

Maybe you should go back and read what I said. "A competitive COOP mode" not COOP mode.
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should rephrase what you said, then I might not have misinterpreted it.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, blame me for you misreading something....good one.

Anyways, I hope this happens it'd be fun and btw, Drowned in blood would be epic lol.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't read about this thread until this afternoon. A few months ago, I made a map for this kind of coopplay, but never thought of releasing it because I didn't think anyone would be interested. So, I just dug the map back up and loaded it up to Fathax. You can download it here.

It's a coop arena in which 23 waves of monsters will spawn. The wave spawner is activated by pressing the switch in the middle. There is no stopping it after! The 2nd wave will not spawn before all monsters of 1st wave are eliminated and the 3rd wave will not spawn until the monsters of the 2nd wave are eliminated etc etc. The meaning of the wad is that both teams join the game at the same time. The team with most kills after all 23 waves wins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
Yeh, blame me for you misreading something....good one.

Anyways, I hope this happens it'd be fun and btw, Drowned in blood would be epic lol.

I read it correctly, you just didn't quite type what you meant. My crystal ball isn't working right now.

I'd love to see what maps you lot would like to see involved. I don't see a problem with using some Doom2 maps. TRICKS AND TRAPS IS A GOOD ONE!!
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're weird.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
8 player COOP. Symmetrical maps like CTF with an exit switch in the middle. First team to the exit switch wins. If you could set it up so that each player had an exit switch and the whole team had to hit theirs to win, that would be great.What would be even better would be a 1 life limit per player also, much like Survival in ST, but where the player spawns trapped somewhere in the map and team members would have to rescue them to progress. The possibilities are endless for the mappers, you could have maps where the opposing teams never meet in the map, or alternatively there could be a variety of switches that set off booby traps to halt the other team.

Verrrry interesting ideas there Thad. Don't think the mirrored maps are the best way to proceed though, think about how much Co-op can bug out now and then think about it on a map with double the number of monsters. Also there's things like the boss noises being heard everywhere on the map which would be a bit offputting.

The 'survival' idea is something I know Worst has used. Just wait a little longer for TheCupboard's 'Bicycle Mystery 2' and you'll see Wink
BestOfTheWorst
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thadeuss wrote:
8 player COOP. Symmetrical maps like CTF with an exit switch in the middle. First team to the exit switch wins. If you could set it up so that each player had an exit switch and the whole team had to hit theirs to win, that would be great.What would be even better would be a 1 life limit per player also, much like Survival in ST, but where the player spawns trapped somewhere in the map and team members would have to rescue them to progress. The possibilities are endless for the mappers, you could have maps where the opposing teams never meet in the map, or alternatively there could be a variety of switches that set off booby traps to halt the other team.

Yeah, something like that could be neat, but it'd probably be better not have it like a CTF map, but more like two identical parts next to each other, so that both teams can see each others progress, but yet not enter the other teams side. and both teams will play thru the similar parts.

Cybershark wrote:

Verrrry interesting ideas there Thad. Don't think the mirrored maps are the best way to proceed though, think about how much Co-op can bug out now and then think about it on a map with double the number of monsters. Also there's things like the boss noises being heard everywhere on the map which would be a bit offputting.

Well its not really the monster amount that causes the bugs, and if its not a mass o' monsters type of klaased map, doubling the monstercount shouldn't be a serious problem. (still staying below mass o' monsters coop) As for the boss sounds, those can be replaced with sounds that don't play everywhere.

Cybershark wrote:

The 'survival' idea is something I know Worst has used. Just wait a little longer for TheCupboard's 'Bicycle Mystery 2' and you'll see Wink

I'ts not exactly 'survival' but more like 'semi-survival' instead of only having 1 life, its more like a death-delay or penalty of dying, making the player wait a certain amount of time before they can 'respawn' .. Unfortunately its somewhat impossible to do a decent 1 life limit survival in the current version of zdaemon Confused

semi-survival isn't bad either though Razz
Sniper
God like!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall i get this thing on the road then people or what? Very Happy
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please Very Happy
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board for this idea! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: